7. Different opinions.

Isobel's POV

The four of us sat in a small cafe, enjoying our breakfast. It had snowed for the first time and we had brought out the cozy sweaters. Charlotte and her turtle necks. Me and my oversized sweater dresses and knee-high boots. Camille and her colorful hoodies and matching sweatpants. Candice and her purposely torn tops and chained boots. Ahh winter was great.

I touched up my lipstick and put the tiny mirror away. "So, what are we doing for new years?" I asked.

"We could just stay home, have a small celebration" Charlotte shrugged and went on with writing. What was she writing?

"I'd be down. I don't really feel like going out anyways" Candice shrugged and got up, "I'm gonna go get our order" she said. Ohh bagels, yay.

"I don't know... I kinda wanna get drunk this year" Camille said from next to Charlotte.?

"Rightt! It's new year, we gotta party" I chirped up.

"Uhh..." Charlotte muttered.

"What? Oh come on, you never wanna go out with us" Camille complained.

"That's because whenever you two go partying I end up being the ride" she dropped her pen and kneeled to pick it up.

"I think we've thanked you pretty generously for that" I raised an eyebrow and smiled. She got flustered.

"I'm baack" Candice put the bagels down and we dug in. "Did you guys decide what to do?"

"These two want to go out" Charlotte said without looking up from her paper.

"What are you writing?" Camille asked.

"A small story?"

"What for?" Candice joined in.

"Just for fun. It's about a girl who goes to a school for people with magical abilities." She explained.

"Are there dragons?" I asked.

"No"

"There should be dragons" Candice agreed.

"There aren't gonna be dragons" Charlotte huffed.

"It's not a good story without dragons" I shrugged and took a big bite. Candice nodded as she was sipping on her coffee.

"I have such supporting girlfriends" Charlotte smiled sarcastically.

"Did you name any of the characters after us?" Camille asked.

"Why would I do that?"

"Cuz ya love us?" I grinned.

"Yeah, I'm starting to rethink that" Charlotte flashed me a smile as well and I frowned.

"...wow. I'm hurt" I said.

"Can we read the story?" Candice asked.

"Uhh... maybe when I finish it" Charlotte said a bit nervously.

"But I'm interested noooow" I complained and took Candice's coffee.

"Hey!"

"I love you" I said to her.

"Awww that is so not gonna get you free coffee" she said and took it back.

"Will it get me a free kiss?" I asked.

"...yes"

I leaned in and kissed her.

"Get a room!" Camille yelled.

"Would you like one too?" I turned to her and she nodded like a puppy. Camille was an interesting person. I loved her ability to go from a sexy mistress to a human golden retriever. There had been a big change from when I had first met her to who she was now.

Believe it or not, this cheerful human actually had a dark side. And she was once a lot meaner and reserved. Kinda like Candice. There were moments when the old Camille would come out, but to be honest I preferred happy Camille. She was adorable.

"Guys... we still haven't decided on what to do for new year" Charlotte reminded us.

"Raise your hand if you wanna stay in" I said. Charlotte and Candice raised theirs.

"Raise your hand if you wanna go out" me and Camille raised ours. "Okay, well, someone's gotta change their mind" I said and looked at Candice.

"What are you looking at me for?" She asked and put her leg on the metal part of her chair.

"You're most likely to wanna go out. Plus... there will be lots of alcohol" I attempted to persuade her.

"There's lots of alcohol in my room too" she shrugged and finished her coffee, "I need a refill" she left.
It was true. You could always find alcohol in her room.

"We should decide this over a fair game of Rock Paper Scissors" Camille said and held out her fist. We all did the same.

"Rock paper scissors!"

"Bam! I win" I said, "we're going out"

~•~