36. Movie night

Camille and Charlotte were in the kitchen, making popcorn. Camille had arrived after Candice had picked the movie. She was not to pleased when she found out they were watching a horror. Charlie was upstairs making himself familiar with Charlotte's paints. He had drawn something that looked like a terrifying monster and had decided to call it Martha. No one knew why. Candice was on the couch, fighting on the phone with someone.

"Language!" Camille yelled out from the kitchen when Candice let out a series of curse words.

"...sorry!"she replied and went on to whisper fight.

"Isobel's here" Charlotte said when she noticed Isobel through the blue framed window. She was getting out of her car with groceries in hand. Camille went out to greet her with a small kiss and took some of the groceries off of her hand. Charlotte was trying to figure out how to fix the broken coffee machine. Popcorn was done. Camille came in and grabbed two bowls for it. Isobel took out some snacks from one of the bags.

"Did you guys pick the movie?" She asked.

"...yes" Camille frowned, "it's a horror"

"Ooh!" Isobel giggled devilishly, "I'm gonna go change" she said and took off her coat. She put it on the hanger and went upstairs.

"Oh shoot!" Charlotte exclaimed.

"What? Is there no hope for our coffee?!" Camille gasped.

"Oh, no. I fixed it a while ago" Charlotte shrugged and pointed at the coffee machine.

"Damn. You really can do anything" Camille cheered. She threw some popcorn into her mouth.

"Well, what can I say. I'm a badass" Charlotte grinned. Camille agreed, "but that's not what I was talking about. We forgot to tell Isobel about Charlie"

"Well she's gonna be pleased to find out we're babysitting" Camille sighed. "Speaking of, I should go check on him. What if he needs something" she said and ran out of the kitchen.

"He's not three, Camille!" Charlotte yelled.

"You can take that apology and shove it right up your nasty ass!!" Candice shouted out from the couch. She really had a way with words, Charlotte thought.

                                              ~•~

Camille went upstairs and saw Isobel standing outside Charlotte's room, looking rather confused.

"...crap" Camille muttered under her breath and rushed up to Isobel and wrapped a hand around her shoulder, "I see you've met Charlie!"

Isobel looked at her like you would look at a mental hospital escapee. "What is this?!"

"Isobel... this is called a child... they are a very fragile species" Camille explained slowly. Charlie huffed and rolled his eyes.

"I know what a child is!" Isobel burst out, "why is it here?!"

"'He' would be appreciated, thank you very much" Charlie nodded. Isobel scoffed at him.

"His mom is busy tonight so Charlotte offered to look after him" Camille explained.

"Right, because I definitely need a babysitter, since I'm a fragile species and all" Charlie sighed and shook his head disappointedly.

"Charlotte. It's always Charlotte" she huffed and turned to Charlie, pointing an angry finger at him, "listen, Kid! You are not allowed to go into my room under any circumstances!"

"Why would I go in there? It's so clean and girly" Charlie screwed up his face. Isobel went fuming red from anger.

"I'm going to strangle him" Isobel said to Camille.

"You will not strangle a child" Camille said dead set.

"I'm not a child" Charlie said.

"See. He's not a child" Isobel shrugged and glared at him with evil.

"On second thought..." Charlie started.

"Popcorn is ready!" Charlotte yelled out from the first floor.

"GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE I AM NOT WAITING TO START THE MOVIE!" Candice added oh so lovingly.

~•~

When the movie begun, Charlotte sat next to Camille and Charlie conveniently took the seat right next to Isobel. She frowned but didn't say anything. Candice jumped into the armchair and pulled her legs up to hug her knees. Her and Camille were passing the popcorn around. Of course they had turned on a horror movie which terrified Camille therefore she stayed hidden behind Charlotte's hair for most of the movie.

What was most surprising was the end... when they had all fallen asleep on the couch, a knock was heard on the door. Charlotte was the only one that had seemed to have woken up with a small gasp. She shot up to her feet and went to answer the door. It was Charlie's mother. She greeted her and invited her in. Charlotte came back to the living room to get the young boy and that was when she saw the heartwarming scene. Charlie asleep on Isobel's shoulder and her resting her head on his. Charlotte's heart skipped a few beats as she watched, already regretting having to wake them. She wondered of she would ever see Isobel with a kid again...

~*~

A/n: I finally updated! I've been really busy with exams coming up and barely found time to write. But when I did I was feeling inspired to start a completely different story and I ended up writing a story called 'young witches of Fallenwood' it's about witches as you might have guessed and the main character's a boy who kinda falls for someone who hates him and his entire family. If you're interested, do read while you wait for updates here. :)