Chapter 85: Grace

We were now outside the funhouse, the triplets beside me. Sike wasn't with us, staying behind to come in tomorrow to swoop in and save Mateo. Nate gripped my hand on my other side as we all talked.

"Where are you hiding?" Vince asked me. "I am going in the others are not." He gestured to them.

"I know of a crawlspace above the pole inside you can to it through the vents, I am hiding there, so is Nate." I answered and he nodded.

"I know of a space that opens were the staff would take down the wall piece for Halloween." He said and I smiled.

"I know of a couple of those." He arched a brow.

"There's more than one?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well, it's not exactly easy to find anybody that used to work here or blueprints." He muttered.

This town is not exactly one for paperwork. The funhouse shut down, ten years ago because the owners died and their kids didn't want to takeover. The owners were basically the only people who ran it before they died only several people working in the funhouse, their seven kids dressed up and worked in it before they moved away. I started walking towards the funhouse behind it out of the trees dropping Nate's hand and he walked up behind me. I heard another set of footsteps through the leaves and Vince was beside us. I had on my blue jean jacket, my hair in a ponytail, Nate wearing t-shirt and blue jeans, all black. Black was our favorite color here.

"How exactly does everyone know my husband is walking around?" I asked and Vince smirked.

"There was a rumor that went around that said you changed your last name to Rivera-Ross. We simply put out word to a few people that you did indeed change your name after two people, one being one of your husbands and you both were here." Vince explained and I nodded.

"Maybe they won't kill him." Nate muttered and Vince jumped in front of us stopping us.

"There is about fifty people ready to come and help when they get him. You have my word we will get him, as soon as four in the morning passes, they will fan out here where we are standing and wait." Vince explained.

"Thanks for that it's just my girl here has almost been killed and... I can't..." Nate trailed off, I gripped his hand harder and Vince held up a hand.

"No need to explain completely understand." Vince reached in his pockets and held out two earpieces. "Put these in, we can talk throughout the night and to Dom. He will tell us what's going on throughout the night if we need to know." I took one and put it in.

I walked into the funhouse the emergency exit door had looked like it had seen better times, 'fuck off' was written in blue paint. The back of the funhouse a pink in contrast to the bright red it used to be. The funhouse mirrors showing me all distorted in the maze that led to the platform and pole but I was not headed there. I saw the walls covered in joker clowns, and crazy looking lady clowns that me and Taylor said always looked creepy. Vince stepped in front of going to my left opening the door to the stairwell the door looked like a faded popcorn bucket. The walls of the stairwell covered in stripes and polka dots.

"Where is this vent and please tell me I can fit in it." Nate said as we walked up and I chuckled. Vince smirked opening the door in front of us, and I stopped seeing the vent beside me, I pointed to it and Nate sighed. "Thank God." He bent down taking out the screw pulling out the screen.

"There is another opening right across from this, if it's the way I left it, it should already be open." I bent down crawling into the vent. It was about two feet tall and three feet wide, I saw that the vent was still open on the other side, see would craw straight through into the small space. "Yep, it's open." I said a little louder and I crawled through and I turned on my flashlight looking for the opening around the pole.

"You weren't kidding about it being a crawlspace." I heard Nate speak behind me. "Vince is going to close it up but make it lose enough to where we can kick it out if we can't get down the pole." He spoke and I nodded before remembering he probably couldn't see me, then I heard his flashlight turn on.

"Sounds good." I spoke then I felt his hand on my ass I stopped smirking. I waved my flashlight around carefully not seeing anything or anybody up here, and made my way further into the space.

I felt the dust under my hands as I searched for the crawlspace, on my knees, telling me that nobody been up here in years, plus for us. I sat down after seeing the circle and Nate brought out this towel and start shoving the dust away as I pried it open. I looked down seeing the platform that was basically eight jesters circling the platform propping up on big mallets. When it first opened there were supposedly these things that circled where the pole is now people had to jump and duck under and a wall around the course but there was a malfunction leading them to strip it away.

"That it?" Nate asked and I nodded seeing his flashlight pointed at me. This crawlspace was so dark you could barely see your hand in front of your face. "Okay I wiped around us, we can lay down and try to sleep if you want." He said looking down into the funhouse. I put the latch back down closing it up, the opening was big enough to where we could swing and grab the pole and slide down it.

"Okay people I am hiding now." Vince's voice came in to speak and I clicked the button on my earpiece. I put my flashlight between us on the other side of the opening so I could see him.

"We found the opening and we are settled." I spoke, immediately hitting the button again muting myself.

"I don't know maybe I should have brought a deck of cards." I joked and Nate smiled. He came closer to me circling his hands around my waist laying down and I laid down in front of him. He pulled up his arm putting it under my head, laying his head on his own shoulder. "That's going to hurt after a while." I spoke and he smiled at me.

"You worry about yourself." He quipped and I smiled reached up behind us and I flipped the light off.