Chapter 27: Mateo

I don't know how to answer him, I am completely clueless but I know I need to say something. I squat down putting myself eye level with him and I hear Nate taking deep breaths. Taylor got up and walked to the foot of Rya's bed.

"We don't know yet." I croaked out. I feel like I am dying, it feels like she is here but she's not here. She doesn't look like herself, small part of her head shaved, body pale.

"I am sorry, I should have let him hurt me." JJ whispered and I shook my head.

"No buddy this isn't your fault. It's Blake's fault, okay?" I pushed and he nodded his head.

"We need to sleep. It is getting late." Austin spoke and I looked at my phone seeing it was eleven at night, Grace got here around two this afternoon we had been sitting in front of that computer since it was eight this morning waiting. I nodded and JJ curled up on the floor before anyone could say anything, he had already laid a blanket out and Nate was on the couch I sat beside him and draped my arm behind him. Austin shut out the lights and everyone laid down.

I must've been damn tired because when I opened my eyes next it was bright out and everything came back in waves. Grace, coming home, the injury to her head, her on a vent. I need to go home, I can't stay here, I looked over and Nate had his head in his hands, I'm sure he felt the same way. JJ stood at the foot of Rya's bed, I'm not sure what time it is everyone was awake but me.

JJ turned looking at Nate and he slowly walked to him and sat beside him. This is the only situation I have been in where I don't know what to do. I feel like my heart is breaking, she is my everything, she is the air that I breathe, my world. I can't help her; I can't do anything but wait for her to wake up. I stood up and walked to Taylor.

"Taylor." I croaked out and I knew this would sound bad but Taylor nodded.

"We are all worried about her so much our hearts are breaking, I get it." She said before I could say anything. "Go you need time; I can stay with her tonight." She gestured to the door.

"I'm sorry." I said and she took my hands.

"Listen, the last few days have been the worst of my life, and I am not married to her. You know her as well as I do, you have a kid. You need to do whatever you need so when she does wake up you can be here." She said looking directly into my eyes and I saw no bit of judgment. I nodded and turned to Nate. I saw JJ sitting next time and turned back to Taylor and she nodded.

"Nate come on." I said walking to him. He raised his head his eyes locking with mine. I held out my hand but it was like he couldn't see me.

"Where are you going?" JJ asked, Taylor walked up behind me.

"They need time. They will be back later." Taylor spoke and I grabbed Nate's hand dragging him up. I started walking and thankfully he did too. I just kept walking past the nurses and staff until I got to my car, Nate hopped in the passenger seat, I was in the driver's seat.

"We shouldn't leave her." Nate croaked and I took his hand closest to me.

"We need time, I need you." I said to him and he clocked eyes with me. "We don't have to do anything but I can't sit in there falling apart. She could be okay, but I don't feel it in my bones. I need to chase the pain away." I said to him and he nodded.

"We can't be there for her if we keep falling apart." He muttered. Me seeing her in there with white pale skin, the ventilator I need time to process this.

I drove but the twists and turns I was making were in a daze, my thoughts running haywire the longer I was away from her. Would she be, okay? What would she think if I wasn't there when she woke up? Then I thought about waking up seeing that we had fallen apart, because of me and Nate worrying about her and not taking care of each other. On the way I stopped grabbing us breakfast and I shoved it down, if felt like sandpaper but we needed to eat, Nate did the same. She would respect it, if we needed time, we have seen her at her absolute worst, and now she may not wake up. I parked the car and I was indeed in front of our house.

"Come on." I said getting out of the car, and Nate stepped out staring at the front door.

"She fell into my arms, I thought it was adrenaline crash, but it was a brain bleed." He started muttering and I grabbed his hand making him walk to the front door. He kissed me while we were standing in front of the door, and pulled me to him. I groaned pulling away, I put a hand on his chest stopping. "I need you please." He spoke.

"Are you sure you need that?" I asked I opened the door walking in. I walked up the staircase and he was behind me again pushing his cock into me.

"Yes, I need to think of you. Please." He pushed his cock into me and I could feel it harden. I walked into my room away from him and I turned around facing him. This wasn't my intentions.

"My intentions were to get some rest, maybe a shower." I said to him and he walked in stopping in front of me.

"I need you please." He said once more.

"We just left our unconscious wife in a hospital." I said, not meaning it to sound harsh. But he flinched back like he was hit.

"I feel like I am dying, please. It feels like everyone around me is moving so fast and I am stuck here watching her die. Unless I am alone with you, then I feel ok I feel safe. I feel like she will wake up." He explained. He reached for my arm and I felt that spark I have been feeling ever since I fucked him the first time. My cock hardened remembering how I came inside him and he tasted Grace after coming in her mouth. "Tell me you don't feel that and I'll stop." He spoke he ran his hand lower down my side.

"I feel it." I whispered and he took his hand away from me. "People must think we are the worst people." I said and I grabbed him kissing him.

"Who cares if it helps." He said gasping as I pulled away. He grabbed my crotch in his hand and I closed my eyes feeling it harden.