Chapter 31: Mateo

"Has something happened?" I asked her not bothering with greeting. Nate looked panicked for a second.

"No, Grace is still asleep. Emma has to attend a dinner with her parents, she still has Luca at her apartment. She says she can drop him off on her way to the dinner. Is that okay? I was going to get him around this time, but you know we didn't expect... this." She spoke and I nodded before remembering she couldn't see me.

"Yes, of course its fine. Tell her anytime is fine." I answered. "I am coming back to sit with Grace tonight. I can bring Luca with me it's no big deal." I finished. Nate relaxed, and I nodded at him

"I am not leaving her." Taylor sighed.

"Taylor, you don't have too, but don't blame me if I call Jordan and Christi and make them haul, your ass out, if you start doing what I think you are going too." I warned.

"Deal or whatever, I guess." She sighed and I smiled.

"As soon as Luca gets here, I am bringing him up there can you ask a nurse or Skinner to bring a bed for a baby?" I asked.

"What you think I am going to let my godson sleep on the floor? Of course, Mateo." She laughed.

"Yeah, Taylor?" She hummed. "Deal or whatever, I guess." I quoted her and hung up. Nate looked at me confused.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Taylor is refusing to leave Grace's side." I got up and walked to the bathroom, he trailed behind me.

"That's to be expected." He sighed. I turned on the hot water, and turned facing him.

"Emma is about to bring Luca over." I spoke and he nodded walking to me. I grabbed bodywash and started putting it on me.

"It might be good for him to be around Grace, it might bring her around." He sighed.

"You read my mind." I smiled.

"I want her to wake up. She needs to wake up Mateo." His voice shook slightly and I turned around.

"She wouldn't have made it this far if she hasn't been fighting." I offered him and he nodded.