Chapter 62: Grace

"Do you remember that trunk I have, I tell no one to touch it?" I asked him not bothering to look behind him.

"Yes." He answered and I walked into my room and made a beeline to my closet and he pulled out the trunk.

"I came here with only what is in this trunk, and I told myself to keep in case I had to go back." I explained and he stepped away and I opened it finding my baseball bat, sitting on top.

It was an old wooden one that used to sit in the back of my closet from my dad, but then when I started getting older, I started using it to protect myself. I lifted it and propped it against the side and pulled out my jean jacket with the snake I sewed onto the back, Taylor had one with a snake on it similar to mine, we worked on them for weeks. I pulled it out and I think I can still into it but I'm not sure, I pulled it around me and it actually fit, me and Taylor found them at a thrift store and they were huge on us back then but now it felt perfectly.

"A snake why?" Mateo whispered and I turned to him.

"Feminism." I quipped and he smirked. "Wolfden is not big on that." I muttered and I pulled out one of my old hoodies.

"See you liked hoodies back then." He pointed to it and I laughed. I opened it and it was blank. I pulled out a duffle bag and threw it in there and went for three pairs of ripped jeans I saw that were black and saw black shirts I bleached.

"I made most of this." I said to him and his jaw dropped.

"The jacket too?" He asked and I nodded.

"Found the jacket at a thrift made the design myself but these shirts and bleached them, ripped jeans and cut them up." I explained and he shook his head.

"Lot of black." He said smiling and I nodded.

"I like black I thought it described me perfectly all I felt back then was alone, broken, dark, nowhere to go." I said to him and his smile fell. "You don't make me feel that way, alright? I don't even like having to wear this but this is better going back there the way I came; I feel better thinking like that." I took his hand and he nodded.

I closed my duffle bag and I grabbed another pair of ripped jeans in the trunk and shirt. I got dressed putting on a bra and putting some in my bags with some thongs, and walked out putting my hair in a bun. Mateo was smirking at me when I turned to the door, I blushed thinking he had left, I put on some basketball shoes I've always kept. I went back looking for my combat boots I used to wear, I moved everything around in the trunk but couldn't find them.

"What are you looking for?" Mateo asked and I turned to him sighing.

"There was a pair of shoes I wore obsessively I could have sworn I brought them with me, but I don't see them." I picked back up the duffel bag walking out of my closet.

"Maybe they are at your house." He quipped and I nodded walking down the steps I looked and low and behold standing at the door when I got down them was Taylor wearing the jean jacket.

"Great minds, going back like we came?" Taylor said hugging me.

"Exactly." I whispered and let go of her. I heard footsteps and Nate walked out of sitting room JJ at his side with a backpack Luca in his carrier.

"Everything is in the car." Nate spoke and Taylor opened the door. We all loaded up and left Mateo locking the door.