Chapter 47: Grace

I was looking down at this brown hair, brown eyed little girl who looked like a mini me. I felt like my life was complete except for a few things... But I shoved those thoughts out of my mind I need to take this in. My guys have been waiting for me, but I need to take in this, because so much happened when we were in that place. I need to digest this and what happened, and later, later we could be alone and they would have my complete attention.

"You're pretty." Annie looked at me smiling and I smiled back at her putting a hair that fell out of place back.

"You're pretty too." I spoke and she laughed. She crawled off the bed running to a chair in front of the TV. I chuckled remembering that Austin mentioned that she has a very short attention span. I saw the girl I carried out on the bed beside me staring at the wall. Taylor and Nate stepped away and so did Austin and the girl I think I caught her name Rya was looking at me.

"Nate." Mateo mumbled and they stood up Taylor holding my baby as they pushed me and the girl until we were a few inches apart and then the pulled the curtain. The nurses pulled the heart monitors off me when I woke up saying they would monitor me as needed manually, the hospital need their monitors back before someone noticed.

"Hi."' Rya spoke and I smiled at her.

"Hi." I spoke.

"I guess you are wondering why I am still here." She scratched her head looking away.

"I heard you." She looked at me. "While I was sleeping, I heard you, you think I have piece you need to get through this, and that you wanted to get to know me." I explained and she nodded chuckling.

"Yeah, can I ask?" She asked and I nodded. "How the hell did you get with that guy?" She asked and I laughed loudly and Mateo pulled the curtain open concerned look on his face. "You can leave the curtain open." Rya said to him.

"Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded. Mateo pulled the curtain open and grabbed my hand. "Well, he wasn't like that not when I first met him, but I still blame myself for staying with him." I spoke.

"Are a lot of people into you the way that he spoke about?" Rya spoke motioning to Austin who shrugged.

"That was the first I heard of it." I shook my head. "But at this point I'll believe anything." I sighed out.

"Is there any way that we can be friends?" Rya asked and I nodded immediately.

"Listen, from what I've heard I like you already. I listened when everyone else was out of the room and you played your music, we have a lot in common, I think. How are you, considering?" I finished my voice at a whisper.

"I hang on to killing him, or whatever I can and I am doing fine. Skinner set me up with a counselor." She explained and I nodded knowing not to comment. "I heard he did the same to you?" She asked and I sighed. "Sorry if you didn't want me to mention that." She commented and I shook my head.

"No, you are completely fine, it's just... it's just I think I could've stopped this and knowing he did this to you..." I trailed off and she gripped my hand tighter that I almost forgot she was holding.

"I don't blame you." She whispered.

"Okay, but yes, he did the same to me. It started first about three months after I started actually being his girlfriend. At first it was just dating for about four months but he put a label on it then and three months later. It got bad he would start occasionally slapping, punching, kicking but one night he was drunk." I started and Austin gathered JJ and Annie leaving the room with them silently.

"You don't have too..." Rya spoke and I nodded.

"Yes, I do it's the first time I've said this out loud." I spoke and she nodded. "He came home from a party, he told me to meet him at his house, of course I did because I didn't want to make him mad. I walked in and just knew something was off with him, but I pushed on and he tackled me when I walked in. He tried carrying me up the stairs but I slapped him, and he dropped me and I fell down them. Bruised ribs for weeks, and he raped me when I was on the bottom step because I couldn't move." I explained and Nate and Mateo both came over sitting beside me on the stools holding me. I realized I had tears going down my face.

"I'm so sorry." Rya looked at me, and gripped my hand tighter. "I know that doesn't help." She whispered.

"I'm sorry you have to know this feeling, but it does get better." I said and she nodded looking at the wall.

"I sure do hope so." She whispered and a tear went down her cheek. I looked over at Mateo and Nate who both had tears going down their faces. I leaned over kissing each of them on the cheek.

"Don't you dare, ever think you made me feel that way." I said and they both looked at me. "You two... you two were the first people I ever felt genuinely comfortable with that way." I explained and Nate climbed on top of the bed when I crossed my legs, and Mateo sat beside my waist.

We all watched TV for a couple minutes, before Rya's stomach growled. I was coming to terms with the fact I said that aloud to not one but four people. I never told that to anyone, I never even really said when I was in counseling. I think I'm okay, I feel okay, a little lighter, but that's a good thing. Rya got up leaving the room Taylor as well carrying Luca. Rya turned to me smirking and shut the door.

Mateo grabbed me instantly kissing me, I gasped at tasting him for the first time in so long. I felt Nate move off the bed and Mateo pulled me over on top of him sitting on my bed with me in his lap. I couldn't help I grinded against him, and he groaned, pushing me up off of him with one hand on my hip.

"Mateo." I gasped and he put a hand over my mouth.

"You just talked about getting raped. You're not at all concerned." He spoke and I looked at him confused.

"Okay, if you are suggesting you think I think you're getting aroused from me speaking about that fuck no. Um, that was the first time we've touched that way since I've been away. I've come to terms with what happened to me long ago, I just never said it aloud to anyone." I rambled gasping. My head started feeling fuzzy and I pulled away.

"Are you ok Angel?" Mateo leaned up cradling my head.

"Tired all of a sudden, I'm sorry." I spoke he cradled me in his arms and Nate walked out and Janet and Mira walked in checking my vitals.

"Just a symptom of the surgery, no strenuous activity. Whatsoever." Mira scolded both Mateo and Nate before leaving the room, Mateo picked me up out of his lap and put me into the bed.

"Sleep Angel. Sleep." Mateo spoke covering me up and I saw him and Nate sit down beside me before I closed my eyes.