Chapter 51: Nate

Is she ready? She looked at each of us before Taylor jumped off the counter making herself scarce. Walking into the living room, Mateo took his plate to the sink and he turned around his front was to her back and he rested his hands on her shoulders. She sighed, and I got up walking to her, and she looked up at me.

"Are you sure Angel?" I asked and she looked behind her at Mateo before she looked back to me nodding.

"I need to do this." She whispered and Mateo wrapped his arms around her waist hugging her, when he pulled away, she hugged me. "Please don't hate me for this." She whispered and I pulled back looking at Mateo he looked angry he just heard that too.

"Stop that." I ordered harshly and she looked up at me as a tear went down her face. "I don't hate you and I won't hate you, hell I'll pull the trigger if you want me too." I went on, and she grabbed my shoulders kissing me. She melted into me and pulled away gasping.

"Promise me that." She demanded and turned around looking at Mateo.

"Promise." We both spoke simultaneously. Why wouldn't I? This woman has been through so much and she's mine I am glad she is mine. If she says jump, I'll ask how high, she says someone hurt her, I hurt them, no questions. I protect what is mine. Always. I love her with my whole heart, if something happens to her... fuck everything.

She nodded and Taylor walked out of the room with her phone in her hand. She read the room silently before walking back over.

"You coming too. Cars are coming for all of us." She spoke and Taylor nodded. Luca woke up cry and Grace went to him picking him up swaying him gently. "Hey little guy." She cooed smiling down at him.

I turned around fixing a bottle for him making sure the water was warm but not to warm for him and walked to Grace holding it to Luca's lips. She took it from me and I kissed her forehead and Luca before watching her sway with him. He instantly stopped crying taking his bottle, Mateo walked over and did the same thing I did. I still have been on leave at work that's something you can do when you own the place. Grace and Mateo convinced me to spend some of my savings for me to be my own boss. I haven't regretted it for a second.

"We still need guns." Taylor whispered and Grace shushed her.

"Why are guns so important?" I asked and Taylor walked to me standing shoulder to shoulder but she faced the opposite way toward the front door.

"You want to walk out with your life? Unhurt?" She whispered and I nodded. Well, I'm not a fucking idiot. "You need a gun. We were children when we were there..." She trailed and she met my gaze looking sideways at me. "We are not children anymore. We know what goes on there now." She explained and I nodded instantly getting it.

They understand everything now, back then they didn't the probably have the whole world believing it is nothing but a small town but when Grace describes it is apparent it is so much more. Mateo was standing on my other side and held my hand, Taylor turned walking to the stairs.

"I am going to check on JJ. Are they coming with us?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I'll call Emma." I spoke and Taylor nodded.