Chapter 20: Mateo

I was asleep until I heard knocking and I grumbled turning over hoping it was in my dreams only to hear the knock again. I heard a sigh coming from beside me and Nate rose up and I put a hand on his shoulder and shook my head. I was closest to the door and if we didn't want to wake Taylor I needed to get it, I got up as quickly as I could and opened the door. Skinner was standing there, I arched a brow at him wiping my eyes.

"Did something happen?" I asked, and he shook then nodded his head.

"Something but not something maybe?" He tilted his head and I jumped feeling a soft hand on my shoulder, it was Taylor.

"What is it?" She asked groggily her voice deeper than usual.

"Follow me." He said and walked away me and Taylor followed, I heard footsteps behind us so Nate as well.

"Sorry to wake you." Lopez greeted us as we half walked half stumbled down the stairs. "Watch this." He said turning a computer towards us and Taylor held up a hand. Jason was at the counter pouring more coffee.

"Look, I don't want to watch anymore torture, or ours of her sleeping. If that's what that is I don't like looking at her like that and I need to leave." She gestured to the stairs and Lopez shook his head.

"I wouldn't wake you up for that just look you're going to want to see this." He pushed the space button letting it play.

A message came up on the screen like an intro in a Star Wars movie. I stepped closer reading everything going over the screen which read:

"Hello, I wanted to type a quick message to the people looking for Grace. As you probably know by now this is her brother, I am typing this to quickly give you a rundown. I'm not sure of Grace and this prick's past but I don't frankly care. I'm not sure if I can keep her alive or unhurt, he has now taken another prisoner and now I am taking care of three. But there are four prisoners. My name is Drew. Unless you have figured out my real name, then I applaud you. One of the people in here you will not find record of. My goal was to get them out tomorrow but as you can probably tell by now, he is cracking down the pressure and it certainly isn't easy. I know Taylor is there, I would like to say I am glad she's had someone watching over her this whole time but there was absolutely no way anyone could have stopped this or something worse happening to her. I tried for weeks after he found out her name and it didn't work. After he found me suspicious, he took someone from me, I am not only here for them but for Grace. I hope you can find out where we are in the meantime, I will do my best. I am sorry I couldn't help it then and I'm not much now and I know that isn't much to offer but please know I am doing my best. There is a virus stalling our location, he has been running for their food, I can't go anywhere. Please figure out the virus and get us out of here." The message was written in red over a black background.

"Why haven't you been able to find them?" I asked Lopez and he shook his head.

"The virus I have never seen anything like it." He explained and I nodded my head.

"At least he's reaching out?" Taylor chimed in and Lopez shook his head.

"It shows what he has been telling Grace is true he is trying to get her out." He nodded.

"I want to skin this guy myself." Skinner muttered. Lopez looked at him. "Hypothetically. I am a businessman until proven otherwise." He said holding up his hands and Lopez smiled shaking his head.

"He is taking care of three prisoners but there are four prisoners." Jason mumbled sitting beside Lopez. "That doesn't make sense, is he the fourth prisoner?" Jason asked. He scanned over the message again. "The fourth prisoner could be his someone, the one nobody can find. Blake wouldn't let him have access to them." He muttered.

"Have you gotten any calls about the room they are in?" Taylor asked looking at Skinner who shook his head.

"No ma'am no one knows any fucking thing." He said and Taylor shook her head.

"You call me ma'am one more time I'll end up skinning you." She mumbled walking to Luca's room. We thought it was best to move him down here, Taylor was sleeping down here. He hardly ever wakes at night.

"Does she follow through?" Skinner asked and I looked at him. "On threats?" He finished and I nodded my head.

"Very much so." I grumbled.

"Good to know." He muttered.

"Is there anything else?" Nate asked.

"Not quite." Lopez sighed out turning the laptop. The computer showed them laying in the bed, until Austin rose up and looked at the camera.