~ They all die ~

Season 5, episode 5
••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Morning" i sigh as Scott walks over to me as I start to walk into the school building, "what's up?"

"After last night if anything triggers, anything come fine me" Scott says, "I'll tell the others about it to so they can help as well."

He's about to walk off but I grab his arm, "don't tell them."

"Why not?" He asks.

"I don't want them to know" I shrug, "I'm an experiment Scott. I know I'm going to die soon so just let them think you didn't know."

"You're willing to die?" Scott questions, "I'm not letting you die again Riley."

"I came back once" I sigh, "so this time I'm gone."

"I'm not just going to let you die" Scott defends.

"You're gonna have to" I tell him, "and to be honest I don't really care what happens to me, I never really have, but I do care about what happens to you."

"Cut the chick flick moments" Scott scoffs, "just know I'm not letting you die."

"The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon" Lydia reads the title of the book she's holding as me, her and Malia all walk through the halls.

"What?" Malia asks seeing Lydia's facial change.

"I don't know" Lydia shrugs, "There's something about it."

"Has anyone actually read it yet?" I ask.

"Just me, and I didn't understand any of it" Malia answers.

"We should probably all read it" Lydia states.

"Kira's working on that" Malia tells us.

"Stiles says he can't find anything on the author. He thinks it's a pen name" Malia states.

"In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later, they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists know only as the Dread Doctors" I read from the book.

"Sounds vaguely familiar. How does it end?" Lydia asks.

"It doesn't" Malia answers, "This is supposed to be Volume One."

"Oh, let me guess there is no Volume Two?" I scoff.

"I think we're living Volume Two" Malia says.

"Then maybe the real question is, Is this a novel or someone's prediction?" Lydia questions.

I grab Theo's hand and pull him behind the school while making sure no one's looking, "what's wrong?" Theo asks noticing the look on my face.

"Okay so I'm going to tell you something and you have to promise not to tell anyone anything" I tell him.

"Promise" Theo says, "are you pregnant?"

"What? No" I answer, I look down at my hands and flick out the claws.

"You were bitten?" Theo questions grabbing my hands.

"No" I sigh.

"You're one of them" Theo realises, "you weren't on a bender, that's where you were."

"And they have someone which they can use to make me forget about it" i state, "please don't tell anyone, I know if I die I'm just going to let everyone think it was unexpected and I didn't tell anyone."