~ We're all trying to outfox the fox ~

Season 3, episode 21
••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"This is everything non-lethal I could find" Allison states.

"Take all of it" argent orders.

"What's the plan here?" Sheriff asks.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up stiles' scent at Eichen house" argent tells us "especially if he went through something stressful there."

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Sheriff questions.

"Where else has stiles been showing up?" Argent asks.

"The school, the hospital" I answer.

"Hold on we did this already" Derek says "he disappeared, we started looking for him. Then walked right into a trap at the hospital."

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves" argent realises.

"So what do we do?" Allison asks "wait for him to come to us?"

"We can't. Not if the oni find him when the sun goes down" Derek states.

"Scott's working on them right now, with Kira" I tell them.

"That's the problem we're all trying to outfox the fox" argent says.

"Listen" stilinski starts "I'll understand if anyone wants to back out."

"I wouldn't be the first wolf to run from a fox" Derek says.

"Apparently I'm carrying a lightsaber" argent tells us pulling out his electrocuting stick.

"Dad you and Derek hit Eichen house" Allison plans "Riley go to the school. Sheriff it's you and me in the hospital. We all meet Riley at the school."

They all start to walk out, I grab a dagger and gun from the shelf and make my way out of the argent apartment.

I arrive at the school, it's silent, I walk through the walkways trying not to make a sound, I pull out the gun. My heals click along the floor as I walk, I get outside a classroom and a figure jumps out in front of me, I scream and hold up the gun until I realise it's Scott. "Jeez" I sigh.

"Can you lower the gun?"

"No I want to kill you. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Just come on." Scott drags me into the classroom, where Kira, her dad and her mom stand.

"I had realised the mistake I had made by speaking too soon" noshiko, Kira's Mom, tells us "I wasn't helping anyone. I was inciting a riot. I yelled for them to stop. But so many people were sick. And so many were dying. I'd never seen anger like that."

She's never experienced a full moon.

"It was a living, breathing thing. Now I knew why satomi was always trying to keep quiet. Why she got migraines once a month, and why she was always at the game of go. It kept her calm."

"She was bitten" Scott realises.

"Bitten werewolves have a harder time suppressing their anger" Noshiko states, "one unexpected flare up and they could lose all control. The gunfire nearly killed me. I don't know how many billets made their way into my body, but I fought every one of them. It left my body so weak, my heartbeat so slow it appeared as though I was dead. But even then I was still better off than Rhys. His screams could be heard throughout Eichen house, echoing through every room, every hallway. He died in agony. The doctor had also sold the morphine. Merrick and Hayes were given the task of getting rid of all the bodies, both American and Japanese-American. They were transferring dr.Liston out as well, stationing him somewhere else. They were covering it up. The doctor, merrick, hates and all of the others. They were gonna get away with murder. By chance, I guess, Rhys' body has been put next to mine. I wanted the soldiers and the administration of the camp to be punished for their crime. But I knew the clock was ticking. I was going to lose my chance. They were going to burn me with the others. I couldn't fight back with my body weakened and still healing. I could barely move. I was going to die. With time slipping through my fingers, I knew I was making a terrible decision. But I could not die knowing they would get away. So I called out to our ancestors for kitsune-tsuki. Possession by a fox spirit. For a powerful nogitsune, on that feeds of chaos, strife and pain, to take control of my weakened body, imbue ut with power and use it as a weapon." She is the reason stiles is possessed thats all I heard. "But calling on a trickster spirit is a dangerous thing. They can have a very dark sense of humour. Because while the nogitsune did come to possess someone, it wasn't me."

"What happened?" I ask.

"My body was beginning to heal" noshiko states "and I managed to pull myself up from the ground. But it was too late."

"What did it do?" Scott questions.

"It brought chaos strife and more pain that you can imagine. I had to find him. I had to stop him. Kira hurry night is coming"

They place the pieces of broken sword in the shape of the sword. "The literal translation is a bolt of lightning. In french it can also mean love at first sight. But a bolt of lightning happens to be exactly what we need right now."

"For what?" Kira asks.

"Excising the nogitsune from Rhys' body shattered the katana. But you can put it back together."

"Why don't you just do it yourself?" Kira questions.

"Because I'm not a thunder kitsune. Do you trust me?"  

"I just found out you're 900 years old" Kira states "I don't think I'm ever gonna trust you again."

Hold up she's 900 years old?

"Trust me on this."

She grabs Kira's hand and places it over the sword, the sword starts to have sparks fly from it as all the prices reconnect. "What the fuck?" I mutter, Scott hits me in the chest telling me to shut up.

Kira's mom passes her the sword, "see it gives you balance, my power is yours now Kira. If the Oni can't stop stiles you have to. The same as I did. And maybe seek out a wolf to help you."

"You didn't tell us anything" Scott states.

"You want to save stiles. Kill him. That's the only way."

"What if" I start "here's a thought. How about we leave the fox do what it wishes to do, until it gets fed up to slinky dinky stiles and moves on, and pisses off to where it came from, problem solved."

"You agree with this?" Scott asks Kira's dad.

"Sometimes history repeats itself Scott" he says.

"Only if you don't learn" Scott argues.

"Sometimes your fate conspires against you."

Scotts phone vibrates, "there's a way to save him. There has to be" We both walk out.

"Where we heading?" I ask Scott.

"The loft."

I start to sprint as I know there is no space on the bike for me, I arrive at the loft and Allison, Derek, and argent are waiting outside.

"Hi dad" I hear stiles voice say from inside the loft.