Episode One: Meet the Islanders

Cue the Love Island theme! And welcome, to Love Island!

Two jeeps make their way towards the villa. Out the sunroof of each is a beautiful woman waving her arms in the air and woo-ing and hoo-ing with only the tiniest dent to their dignity.

The cars stop outside the villa doors and the ladies step out onto the gravel, the summer sun of Spain already making them sweat – or maybe it's from what's to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi, I'm Daphne, better known as Daphs! I'm twenty-two, and from the North of Scotland!"

Flashes of an Instagram feed scroll behind her as she sits on the bar stool in the studio, showcasing Daphs own cultivated page. Pictures of art works, Daphs sultry selfies, and a couple of shots of hands covered in ink go by.

"So, I'm a bit of a free spirit when it comes to making a living. I for the life of me cannot hold down what you might call a 'real job' and I make my money from basically doing what I feel like in the moment whether that's from my art, my writing, acting, or photography. Call me what you want, but the thought of sitting down at a desk or having to adhere to a strict nine-to-five schedule does make me feel like dying. Is that not the case for everyone, though? It is? Well, you won't catch me sacrificing to fit in.

"If I had to pick an emoji that best describes me it would probably be either that little purple devil thing because I might come across as quite cute at first glance, but I can be a proper troublemaker. I was always the kid being thrown out of class for disrupting."

She laughs before continuing, "And the other emoji would be the double heart; you know the normal one with the little extra, smaller one in the top corner, yeah? Yeah, ah-ha-ha, yeah, so I just feel like I've got a lot of love to give, and I love putting it out into the world."

Shot of Daphs coming up to the camera making a heart shape with her hands.

"So, I've been single for about six months or so now. I've been seeing a couple of guys in that time, but nothing serious. I can't say nothing to write home about, because I tell my family literally everything. My mum probably knows as much about my sex life as my best mates. Like. I'm not even joking!

"It probably helps that I had to move back in with my folks for a little bit. At the end of last year, I was due to be married; we were high-school sweethearts as it were; pretty much we were each other's first for everything, but then ... out of the blue, two weeks before the wedding, he just left. He told him mum to break the news to me, and I literally still haven't laid eyes on him since. No explanation or anything.

"So, my worry is that I might be a little wary of getting to know some of the guys. Like, I don't want to be that girl that is so afraid to open up that she misses her chance at the one. I'm not a cheat, I'm not about that life; I hate being single, and I just want to find the person who's going to be, you know, my person!

"Is that too much to ask?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi! I'm Hope. That outfit is incredible, by the way."

Hope stands confidently before Daphs, striding up to her with an excited smile. Stunning and tall, she doesn't seem to lack for confidence, Daphs reckons. Where Daphs is light, Hope is dark. The colour in Hope's bikini and head band pop against her dark skin and gorgeous locks. "What's your name, hun?"