Chapter 58.) Lurkin'

"For a nigga looking to get paid, you keep different wheels," Delano remarked, approaching Lucky as he cleaned his old school Camaro.

"Keeps me untraceable, obviously not from you," Lucky laughed at his joke

"Keeps me untraceable, obviously not from you," Lucky laughed at his joke. "What you call me here for anyway?"

Delano looked around the area then inhaled the fresh air, "Don't you just love the sun?"

Lucky resumed what he was doing.

Delano walked around, humming to himself before speaking, "If I asked you to do a hit, would you?"

Lucky glanced at him, "You ain't rich enough to ask me that."

"I'm rich enough."

Lucky sucked his teeth, "A hit on who tho?"

Delano stared at the car then folded his arms, "I think I found out who robbed me."

Lucky furrowed his brows, "And you tryna keep yo gun clean by paying me to do the dirty work?"

Delano eyed him, "All my niggas under me, catch a body to prove their loyalty."

"Nah," Lucky stood upright, "That's yo way of blackmailing 'em."

Delano smirked, "You're... wise. Where did you say you were from again?"

"I didn't," Lucky removed his vibrating phone, stared at Ava's name then stared at Delano, "We done?"

"New phone?"

"It ain't yo business," Lucky stated matter-factly.

"Mm," looking him over, Delano turned on his heels, "Stay by your phone."

When he got inside his truck and pulled off, Lucky called Ava back.

"Hi... is it too early?"

"It's eight in the morning, love. It ain't early," he assured.

"Technically it is..." she paused then giggled, "But hi... again."

Lucky chuckled, "Morning, love. You going to work?"

"I actually got off an hour ago... I have two more weeks of night-shift with my best friends and then it's back to mornings."

"When you gon' pause saving lives and let me see you again? I gotta get shot?" He joked and she laughed.

"I do have a clothing business to run."

Smiling, Lucky leaned against the driver's door, "I guess we can meet at the store again."

"I'll think about it, what are you doing up?"

"One of my cars was dropped off, wanted to wash it."

"Another? How many do you own?" Her voice rose and he laughed.

"That ain't important sweetheart."

Ava scoffed, "What's tha' deal with you and dis love and sweetheart term?"