Chapter 49.) The More You Know

"At least it's not so hot out, like yesterday," An already exhausted Ava muttered, walking alongside Kairo

"At least it's not so hot out, like yesterday," An already exhausted Ava muttered, walking alongside Kairo. Yesterday, everyone decided to recharge after the long flight, so the activities that King wanted to do were postponed for today.

"Not hot?" Assyria stared at her crazily, "it's eighty degrees and it feels like a hundred!"

"Here you go being dramatic, lil bit," Kairo chuckled, squatting in front of her knowing that she was tired of walking.

Smirking, Assyria happily climbed on board. Zaire and Dante were having their conversation on the side, trailing behind the kids were Dajon, Kwan, and King, with Ary and Renae a few feet ahead discussing womanly things as the men assumed.

"What's up with you and Ayanna?" Dajon paused then chuckled, "Damn, it feels weird as hell calling her by her full name... that's how you know it's real."

Confusion was etched on King's face, but it quickly faded once it resonated with him what Dajon meant. He was so used to calling Renae, Nae, Ma, or Baybeh, that whenever he used her full name, he knew it was either due to anger or something serious.

"Fuck her," Kwan cut into both men's thoughts.

"That means ain't no doubling back?"

"Yup," he kept simple.

Dajon's eyes unconsciously narrowed and he leaned forward a bit to get a read on King before he verbalized his thoughts, "So... you just ain't gon' give us details?"

Kwan shook his head and King chuckled. It was always funny how everyone always had a say in his business but when it came to their own, they always tried to fake it until they made it.

Dajon recognized the chuckle and had to let one out himself. In all his years of being around his in-law, he knew that King had different forms of just about any and everything, whether it was laughter, crying, smiling, standing, or anger, you name it, and King had a certain vibe and tone about it that spoke before he did.

"Nigga," Dajon laughed again, followed by the shake of his head, "You deadass won't tell us but you knew all about Zuri's business, bro business, and mine? You know how one-sided this sounds?"

Kwan looked between the two men then halted his walking, "Wah di fuck duh yuh waah mi tuh say? Evidently unuh kno an know, wah more duh mi need tuh say?" his face hardened.

King, still not speaking his thoughts, sipped on his green smoothie and kept his eyes on the family without a care in the world.

Dajon, a bit annoyed just stared at Kwan for a moment then shrugged, "Fuck it, you ain't have no business minding my sister's business but want us out of your business, what type of shit is that?"

Kwan turned his body toward him and tilted his head a bit, "Yuh.. wah yuh call it? Pressed for tea dah bad, bruv?"

"Pressed?" Dajon mirrored his body language, "Actually, I was asking as a friend, but since you wanna be in your feelings about the truth, we can go there. You pick and choose when to mind your damn business, let's keep it a buck, my G. You spent, what? 4 years minding my sister's business more than her husband, but you couldn't keep up with yo-"