Chapter 10.) Envy

"No homework tonight but don't forget to read before bed," Kaari spoke to her students after the dismissal bell rang

"No homework tonight but don't forget to read before bed," Kaari spoke to her students after the dismissal bell rang. It was November the 15th and in between flying with Reign to watch the guys play, lead dance classes, and make sure she had proper, educational plans created for her students, all the while making sure their hair and lash business was still doing well, Kaari would admit that she was a bit stressed.

It wasn't anything that she couldn't handle though, she liked to stay busy because if she wasn't occupied then she'd be bored and if she was bored, she'd get herself in trouble.

"Ms. Kaari, can we decorate the classroom next week for thanksgiving?" One of her students asked.

Smiling at the pretty little girl, Kaari nodded, "Wi definitely can... I'll buy di supplies ok?"

"Yay!" The students cheered before rushing out once the second bell rang.

Standing, Kaari gathered her books and notes then went ahead and began picking up around the classroom. She knew the janitors cleaned but she always felt the need to clean as good as she could so they wouldn't have much work to do. Once she finished, she grabbed her tote bag, purse, and keys and cut out the lights.

Walking through the semi-busy hall, Kaari retrieved her ringing phone from her purse, "Yes gyal?"

"Hey, did yuh get di promo information Ava sent?"

Removing the phone from her ear, Kaari went to their group chat and scrolled a bit before clicking on Ava's link.

Admiring the cute artwork, Kaari placed the phone back to her ear, "Dah iz cute, are wi gonna dweet?"

"Damn right, di last promo had Nicki freaking Minaj buying tings!"

Kaari chuckled at her excitement, "Dah wuz awesome... tell Ava I'm done."

"Got it, yuh heading home?"

Kaari nodded as if she could see her, "Yeah, then I ave a class fi teach tonight."

"Make dah money, gyal. I'll call yuh once I'm home,"

"Ok, love yuh," Kaari said.

"Of course yuh do," Reign giggled, "I love yuh, see ya!"

Laughing, Kaari hung up and proceeded on her journey to her custom lavender-colored Range Rover. Putting her things in the backseat, Kaari climbed into the driver's seat and started the engine. Letting the vehicle warm up a bit, Kaari busied herself on her phone just as an incoming FaceTime call from Tamir came in.

"Hey," she smiled.

"Wassup baby girl? How was work?" He asked.

"Fun as always, I did a sing-along for di social studies session today and deh loved it."

Tamir smiled. He knew how much Kaari loved being a teacher and knew how much she loved her students as well.

"You gave out treats again didn't you?" He grinned then laughed when she nodded.