Chapter 53.) Lucky

Trey Songz, Hit Different played through Kairo's speakers as he cruised through the city. His breakfast date with Kelly was pushed back an hour but he didn't mind, he had to pick up some food for his mom and sisters anyway. So while Kelly was stalling as Kairo presumed, he was out grabbing breakfast for them.

He wouldn't say that he was feeling her as heavy as he knew she was feeling him, but Kelly was different from the other women he's dealt with. He liked her innocence and she had a fire to her that she often tried to keep hidden. Kairo knew he was the cause for a majority of her stressing and always seeming upset. He hated making her feel as if she were a toy, but he was enjoying having fun.

Maybe he could have just let her find someone who wouldn't waste her time, but Kairo liked her company. They never had sex, so that was a plus for him. She was smart as hell, gorgeous, and kept to herself. Kairo had a thing for outspoken women and reserved women. In a way, you could say that he had a balance scale of both.

He was 19 and figured maybe he would have to put his hoe card away eventually; just not at the moment, he still had a lot more sex to have.

Making it to the small diner, clad in a chocolate-colored t-shirt, jeans, and a fresh pair of cocaine white Nikes on his feet. Kairo rocked his cross chain that he was aware was chipped by his father, he sported one of his fitted caps and rocked an arm charm that Renae gifted him for his birthday last year.

Sitting in the parking lot as the music continued to play, Kairo texted away on his phone until he saw Kelly's toffee-colored Mercedes pulled up in front of his Audi.

"Dis girl," he chuckled, but didn't deny the fact that she looked damn good.

Stepping out of her car, Kelly was clad in an-all white crop top, dark denim jeans, and wore a long plaid jacket. On her small feet, she sported a pair of Burberry Air Force's. With her hair pulled up into a high ponytail, Kairo got a better look at her pretty features and smirked.

"Hi," she shyly greeted when he approached her, smelling good as hell.

"Morning, you smell good," he complimented.

"Thanks, so do you," she said as he walked alongside her.

"You look good, too," he added and she tried not to blush.

"Oh, whatever," she playfully hit him.

"I'm for real, with yo long-ass ponytail," he softly tugged on it and she gasped.

"Kai!"

"My bad... I do dat to my sisters," he chuckled, "My fault."

Making sure he ain't mess her hair up, Kelly took a deep breath and thanked him when he opened the door. She wasn't sure if this was considered the first date but knowing Kairo's rap sheet, she decided not to think too much of this little outing. . .

"I wasn't even scary, I just stayed to myself!" Kelly laughed hysterically as she and Kairo sat inside the diner reminiscing about the drama that surrounded them in high school.

"You barely liked talking to my ass. I swear I thought you were mute at first, little ass voice," he cracked and she gasped.

"My voice is cute."

"It is," he nodded, stuffing more eggs into his burrito.

"Sometimes I miss it tho, but college is a lot better. I like how the so-called popular girls are no longer the talk of the school."