Chapter 41.) Dreams vs Reality

Renae found herself a bit rusty but once she took a moment to just breathe, she moved effortlessly through the studio as if she never stopped dancing. Her warmup routine consisted of upbeat tunes, afrobeat was her favorite. Her starter song was Nicki Minaj's, Save Me- it was a bittersweet favorite of hers and a song that helped her realize that King was brought into her life to pull her out of her dark storm.

The next song was Promise, by Jagged Edge. It was the first time she's ever heard King sing to her and he had a voice on him. Their moment in Greece was one for the books and she will always love and appreciate him for taking the time to actually travel the world with her.

The next song of choice was All Back, by Chris Brown. That was another moment she and King shared in the studio and she would admit that she would intentionally do moves just to get him riled up. She never realized how far they've come until now but she would admit that she did forget how in love they were. She wouldn't say that they weren't now, but now that she's older, she understood why she was so crazy about him as he was for her.

She experienced a lot of firsts with him and regret none of it. But her favorite she would admit was making the video for him. If she was being honest, she would say that that may have stemmed from an unreleased kinky side of her but it was obvious that King enjoyed having the video to watch whenever.

Some would probably say that most of the things they did with each other were nasty, but did she mind? She didn't. She loved him and would do anything with him as long as they were both satisfied. Now, would she mess around and do a threesome? It'd be a cold day in hell before she did that and if King ever thought to ask, she would happily cut his dick off with a smile on her face.

Her next song of choice was Lead by Asiahn. The routine was sultry. Intense almost. But full of unspoken words. There was a part of her that thought it was over between them. She would admit that she wanted to move forward with the divorce because she wanted to feel a sense of peace... freedom, but her heart still pumped for King's even if she tried to deny him.

Sometimes space made people realize that they were no good for each other and other times, it made people see that their love was stronger than the drama. She no longer wanted to dwell on the past but she did use bits of it as a reminder of how she and King found their way back to each other. She forgave him. She let it go and chose to focus on their future. Their kids.

No regrets.

The Business by Yung Berg and Casha played next and Renae laughed at the memory. Her young self loved the hell out of that song and knew she had no business singing the lyrics but she couldn't stop herself.

What you know about giving somebody the business? She remembered Egypt asking her that and young Renae was embarrassed as hell. She mentally prepared herself for the lick but Egypt never lifted a finger, but she did tell her not to listen to that song but that didn't stop Renae from listening to it on Youtube.

Right and Wrong Way came on next and Renae found herself swaying her hips slowly.

Mmm, oh...
My, my, my, my, my, my baby
You're mine, mine, mine, mine
I'm gonna love you right, girl

You may be young but you're ready
(Ready to learn)
You're not a little girl, you're a woman
(Take my hand) Let me tell you, baby

Lifting her left leg, she dropped down into a split and got in a reverse butterfly position, and gyrated her hips as she slid across the floor and popped her ass.

I'm yours for the takin'
So you can (Do what you please)
Don't take my love for granted
You're all I (I'll ever need)