Chapter 39.) Rekindling

"I know I had it over here... Daddy?!" Kelly screamed, tearing the living room upside down to find the anklet Kairo bought for her.

"Where is it... Dadddd!"

"Princess," Mr. Henson answered, entering the living room.

"Have you seen my anklet? I took it off the other night and now it's gone... Kairo gave that to me."

"The butterfly one?"

Kelly nodded, struggling to flip the couch over, "Please help me find it."

"Ok, just take a deep breath," he placed his textbook down and helped her turn the couch over, "What color was it again?"

"I can't remember... I can't believe I lost it... this never happened before," she began to panic.

"Kelly Addison Henson, stop and breathe."

Covering her face, she took a deep breath then exhaled, "I need to find it."

"Did you put it on the table or something?" he asked.

"I did."

Before Mr. Henson could reply, the front door opened then closed and both Kelly and Mr. Henson looked over and stared at Ronnie.

"What happened here?"

Kelly stared at her aunt with a racing heart as thoughts began to creep in her mind and once it registered, jumped up, "Did you steal my bracelet?!"

Ronnie frowned, "Excuse you?"

"I had it right on the table and now it's gone, you took it, didn't you!" Kelly marched towards her but before she could further accuse her, Ronnie slapped her.

"Hold the hell on!" Mr. Henson jumped up and rushed over, "Have you lost your damn mind?"

"She has, talking to me like that."

"Because you took it!" Kelly screamed through her tears.

"Little girl," Ronnie warned.

"Get out," Mr. Henson glared.

"What? And go where? I don't have money for a hotel."

"Then where'd that purse come from, huh? It's Gucci and you sure as hell don't have the money for it!" Kelly snapped and Ronnie lunged for her but was shoved back by Mr. Henson.

"Get out."

"Kelly, I love you to death but the next time you come at me, I'ma whoop your damn ass."

"Good luck trying, now get out," Mr. Henson reached over and opened the front door and pointed, "Out."

"I'll be back," she quipped before storming out.

Turning toward Kelly, Mr. Henson examined her face, "Your mother always said you bruised easily... she was right," he mumbled, brushing his thumb over the welt.

"I don't care about that, she took my anklet, I know it."

"And I believe you, Princess but we can't prove it if she already sold it."

Kelly frowned, "So what now? She gets to stay here? She stole my anklet, Daddy!"

"I never said that but where did Kairo get the anklet from? Hopefully, the place has more."

"I don't want a replacement, Kai got it for me and I want it back!"

Conflicted, Mr. Henson sighed defeatedly, "I'll take care of it."

6 years ago, after Renae's flashback

"No," Renae pushed herself up and wiped her face. "I don't need you babying me just cause you feel bad."