Chapter 3.) Lotus

Flower bomb, let me guess your favorite fragrance
And you got that bomb, huh, I'm tryna detonate you
No disrespecting baby, just tryna make you smile
Try to keep my spirits up, that's why I lays it down
Try to keep your spirits up, lil vodka whatever
Took you forever to get dressed, I acknowledge your effort
So I clap for her, she deserves an applause
Shawty working so hard, she deserve that Vuitton
Shawty where your baton, racing through my mind like
She heard that I got that work, I heard that she been on strike
Care to tell, I read your mind, she been on them dollars first

Wale's, Lotus Flower Bomb played through Kairo's speakers as he sat inside his car exchanging a few texts with Kelly. He was supposed to meet up with his father but got sidetracked in his mom's parking lot when Kelly sent him a late happy birthday text.

She was six days too damn late and Kairo was a bit offended but understood that she was swamped with homework, trying to juggle her classes and work at the same time. Kelly, outside of Denise and the other ladies Kairo had in rotation, held a special place in his heart.

She was innocent. Sweet as could be but when pissed, she was like the Tasmanian devil. Her anger often amused Kairo because at times, her voice rose a few octaves higher and he could barely understand what she was yelling about. Once she realized the type of guy Kairo was, she fell back and decided to give him his space. They went to school together so she knew the kind of person he was, she just hated that she allowed herself to get caught under his spell.

Kairo was a smooth talker, he would admit that but when he spoke, it was always the truth. Sometimes it was a bit harsh but he felt honesty was the best policy, plus, keeping up with lies was too damn tiring for him. He'd rather tell the truth than lie and then turn around and have to remember the lie.

His ringing phone cut off the music and interrupted his thoughts, knowing that it was none other than his Kellz, Kairo answered. "Wassup, ma?"

"Don't even try it," she scolded and Kairo smirked, imagining her face all frowned up.

"A'ight," he chortled, absentmindedly licking over his lips. "You in class or work?"

"Neither," she quipped.

"Why you so mad? I told you I was just playing about tha' birthday text, Kellz."

"You just told me to give you six days to respond, what you mean why am I mad? I was working!"

"Ma," that simple term of endearment released Kelly of her fury.

"I just wanted to talk to you a bit cause I know how you like to do yo lil shit with, Zaire and go missing for a few days."

Kairo reclined his seat back and turned his hat a few times before replying, "You wanna come over tonight when I get in?"

"So, your mama can curse me the hell out? No, thanks! If you wanna see me, see me during the day, I ain't no damn vampire!" She spat and he busted out laughing. He knew she was serious but he couldn't help but laugh, she was always fussing him out.

"You right," he cleared his throat and straightened up, "Tomorrow morning for breakfast then? But I did fuck Denise today... so um..."

"Still fucking that dirty bitch... you are so trifling. And to think yo ass was getting my virginity last year, tuh!"

Kairo bowed his head and bit down on his lip to muffle his laughter. He wasn't pressed to have sex with Kelly, it was clear she wasn't on that type of time yet and if he was right, he'd say she was actually scared.