Chapter 54.) Sharing Wisdom

It was July 4th, fireworks, were going off like clockwork, cookouts were being held, sirens were blaring, families were spending time together and then there was the Davidsons. Ary was in the backyard, tending to the garden that she grew accustomed to growing, the Stones were across the walkway and waiting on the twins to arrive, and Kwan was missing.

"Dad?" Dante called, entering the kitchen as Dajon prepared lunch while trying to study one of the cases he picked up.

"Wassup?"

"Do we have to be mad at Uncle Kwan and Zay?"

Dajon chuckled and glanced at his son, "We aren't mad at them."

Dante gave him a look, "Dad."

"A'ight," Dajon laughed, knowing his son was too smart, "Stuff happened but we aren't mad at them... you can still call him if you want."

Dante sucked his teeth, "Zay got sent back home and Unc ain't answer my text yet."

"Did you try to call?"

Dante nodded, "I just don't think you or Uncle King should be mad at him... I would want you to protect me if I wasn't fighting back."

Dajon was quiet for a moment then leaned against the counter after covering the burgers, "Do you think we reacted wrong?"

"Uncle King only fought Uncle Kwan because he touched Kai... but he didn't hit him, he just tried to pull him back."

Dajon nodded.

"But... I don't know... it's just weird because he's always nice to us, especially me, you know he always dropped snacks off to me and Lay?"

Dajon furrowed his brows, he did not know that. "Why you never told me?"

Dante shrugged, "I thought it was normal. I used to ask him why did he do it and he'd just say he was bored at home."

Dajon looked down a bit then sighed, "Damn."

"I like him and Zay... Zay was just being irresponsible, so I understand why Kai fought him but aren't guys supposed to be friends after a fight?"

Dajon chuckled at his genuine concern, "It depends, son."

"You were back friends with Uncle King when he hurt Auntie."

Dajon pursed his lips and scratched his head, he had a point. "He's your Godfather."

Dante smiled, "And my best friend!"

Dajon laughed, "He is, but look," he cleared his throat, "You don't have to be mad at people just because I am. What did your mom tell you?"

"Form my own opinions about people," he quoted then frowned, "I still think Aunt Yanna should just apologize for what she did," he added.

"That's grown people's business," Dajon chuckled softly, "Look, call Kwan on my phone and I'll talk with your Godfather about us having a sit down with him, that's cool with you?"

Dante nodded, "It is, what time are we going over there? Grandpa said Lay's gonna be with her mom this time," he sighed.

"In a bit... I don't know why she tried to change things up this year," Dajon shook his head. Lucy had been acting funny ever since King and Renae had been having Laiya over more and none of them could understand what the harm was in that. "I'll talk to my pops tho and see what we can do."

"Ok," Dante excused himself and headed out back to join his mom.

Smiling to himself, Dajon resumed cooking until his phone began ringing. Noticing Von's name, he answered, "Yo, yo?"