Chapter 6.) Opening Wounds

After Mr. nervous tried to catch Kairo slipping, Kairo and Zaire camped outside his apartment complex but he never showed up. Kairo planned on keeping the situation to himself but Kwan and Dajon heard about it and when they did, so did King. All three men went upside his head for trying to handle the situation himself while he had Zaire with him.

They knew Kairo would never put Zaire in harm's way, but as they told him plenty of times, the life he was choosing to do had a mind of its own. He literally had multiple opportunities to earn money a much better way, but for some damn reason, Kairo wanted to see what the street life about. The men honestly did not like what he was doing one bit, but as Dajon said; a hard head, makes a soft ass. I'm not saying I want him to almost have to lose his life to realize he made a dumb decision, but maybe something will have to happen to humble him a bit. I just hope Zay ain't around if it ever happens.

Anyone around him could get hurt even if he was moving fairly. Kairo understood but was annoyed when Dajon told him to fall back from popping in on the guy. Promising Kairo that he'd take care of it, Kairo reluctantly stepped back and apologized to Kwan for what could have gone wrong. They found the girl that was with Mr. nervous and baby girl started singing like a canary. Telling them that she was only asked to be the getaway driver. He promised her two grand and some more bullshit. After instilling fear into her, Kwan figured she wouldn't run her mouth and decided to let her go but gave her a lil money and a burner phone for when she came in contact with Mr. nervous's nonpaying ass.

It was September 23rd, raining hard as hell outside but also hot, which was backward but that was Virginia and its bipolar weather. Kairo didn't have much to do today and found himself at Tamera's condo, giving her back shots for days.

Tamera was another one of the few women Kairo kept on speed dial and she was older. Not that much older but she was four years his youth, being 23 to be exact. He had no idea what it was but the older women just seemed to always find him and catch his eye. Twenty-five was his limit though, he didn't need anybody older tryna get a piece of his good loving.

But just like Kelly, Tamera was a toffee complexion and had pretty baby doll-like eyes. She was a store manager at Walmart and had the ass to fit her loud-ass personality. Unlike Denise questioning his absence, Tamera never did. Hell, she wasn't interested in a relationship with his young ass but she would admit that he knew how to slang the monster between his legs better than most grown men she encountered.

She knew Kairo was in the streets and fucking other girls but she entertained him whenever she was bored or needed a do-over from a failed booty call. Kairo was a driven young man and she respected his hustle. But what could she do with a child? Not a damn thing but get her rocks off and keep it pushing.

Kairo liked messing with her because she knew what it was and never questioned him. Sometimes they'd go months without seeing each other and they were fine with that. The only thing she told him not to do was have her involved in mess with bitches who couldn't control their feelings. Kairo respected that and did his best to not sleep with one woman then a different one within the same timeframe or week.

It's been a couple of weeks since he had sex though. Denise was busy with work. Julia, also known as Jewels was in her feelings about him ignoring her for a month and Kelly was busy juggling school and life and also not ready to take it there with him, so that left Tamera.

He caught her right as she got in from the grocery store.

"Fuckkkk! You gotta play fairrrrr!" Tamera's squeal cut into Kairo's thoughts.

"Stop running," he grinned, pulling her back into him when she tried to pull away.

"Jackass!" She groaned, balling her lips as she pushed back against him.