Chapter 9.) Mr. Nervous continued

Halloween had come and gone for the family and as much as the grown-ups didn't want to enjoy themselves, they had a good time, especially at the surprise Halloween party Ary threw once the trick-or-treating came to an end. Although Ary felt the need not to invite Yanna, she did but told her to keep her distance from Renae unless she was ready to have a proper face-to-face conversation.

Yanna declined. Renae moved around as if she wasn't even there and spoke to Kwan a total of two minutes the entire night. Her beef wasn't with him but she was tired of him always having something to say about the way she was running her life. Who knew that a man you weren't even related to nor married to could have such dictatorship over your life? That amused Renae.

Dajon still wanted to pull him to the side and tell him about his wife but Ary told him to stay out of women's business unless Kwan started to get involved in the drama. That didn't stop King though. While everyone was playing games and sorting through the candy for the kids, King pulled Kwan outside and told him exactly what it was and what it would and could lead to if Yanna kept coming at Renae the way that she had been.

Did Kwan take any of that well? Not at all, but the same way King was defending Renae was the same way that Kwan would do for Yanna, but nobody knew that Kwan and Yanna had been bumping heads for quite some time now, it just got heavier when she found out that he knew about Zaire's extracurricular activities in the streets. Whereas Yanna had an issue with it, Kwan just brushed it off as some phase Zaire was going through as a means of trying to figure out his position in life.

That still wasn't enough for Yanna and since Kwan wasn't even attempting to knock their son upside his head, she turned her anger and animosity toward Kairo. But King didn't care what her reasoning was, if she kept coming at his son crazy, the whole damn family was going to have to do an intervention for the destruction they knew King would produce if Renae had to take it there with her. Kwan could talk about how 'crazy' Yanna was all he wanted, no matter how many women Yanna thought she terrified, Renae was never one of them.

It was the 11th day of November, the air was cool, the winds were brisk and each falling leaf was an indication that winter was near. With the kids in school, Kairo was at the library with Ava as she helped him study for an upcoming test, Renae found herself at the old studio she used to dance at. She was afraid at first, thinking that maybe the building would have been torn down and renovated for something else by now but when she drove past the area a day ago, it was surprisingly still up.

She spent two hours in the parking lot just to see how many people visited the place and once she called the building owner, he told her that high school kids often came by to practice street dance but he had to put a stop to it after receiving too many complaints of littering and fights breaking out. He did tell her that every once in a while some guy would come in just to sit in the studio and read for an hour or two then leave. He never asked any questions, just took the money and went on about his business.

Since the studio was only open to those a bit mature and older, Renae felt as if it would be a lot easier for her to dance without any interruptions and leave just as quickly as she got there. She had some de-stressing to do, especially after a surprising incident between her and Trent transpired. She was still trying to wrap her mind over the unprovoked argument and scream fest but couldn't. Even though she knew she wasn't in the wrong, he made her feel that way.

Clad in olive green loose-fitting shorts, a cute laced sports bra covered by a cropped hoodie, her hair pinned up into a messy bun, and a pair of white sneakers on her feet, Renae moved around sensually to the lyrics of the music as Victoria Monet, Go There With You played through her portable Bluetooth speaker.

Swaying her hips from side to side slowly to the music, Renae pointed her left foot then stepped back and extended her right leg. Pointing her foot, she snapped her fingers as she gradually circled her arms forward while rolling her hips forward.