Chapter 52.) Self-Destruct

It was May 25th, the family had been back in the states for a few days and trying to come to terms with everything. Kairo missed his graduation ceremony, worrying about Kelly and though Renae and King tried to talk with the Dean into letting him graduate with the other students, Kairo wouldn't go for it and just asked for his degree to be mailed to him. The family didn't like that suggestion but they respected his wishes.

The surgeon had to perform emergency surgery on Kelly eight hours after the family touched down and now everyone was playing the waiting game, hoping that she would wake up and praying that she wasn't paralyzed. Yonas was losing his mind, becoming easily irritable, not eating, avoiding work calls, and arguing with the police. It was a new side of him that the family wasn't used to but nobody judged, they understood. Kairo and Zaire were beefing.

The fight in Greece continued into the states and when everyone thought things had cooled off, Kairo and Zaire got to fighting again on the jet. Both young men were skilled in the fighting department but with Kairo's rage, the only thing he was looking for was blood and when Kwan realized that Zaire wasn't trying to fight anymore, he stepped in and that resulted in him and King throwing blows.

The men were so caught up in fighting, they forgot about the women and poor Assyria began screaming her head off. That was the only thing that put an end to things that were about to get worse.

The next person on his list was Delano but King put a stop to that before Kairo could go off and do something that would get him killed. The streets said Delano was out of town but King knew that was a lie. He'd pay a visit to Delano and do what he should have done months back but right now, his focus was on his son.

"Hey," Renae spoke softly, standing in Kairo's bedroom doorway with a plate of food in her hand. He was upset that they were making him stay in today, but he understood they were concerned but still, he needed to see his sweet Kellz.

"Not hungry," he turned his back to her and stared at his broken mirror. Another thing that was caught in the line of his rage was his bedroom and though Renae and his sisters wanted to clean it up, King and Dajon told them not to.

"K.J," she entered the room, stepped over the mess, and sat at the foot of the bed, "You need to eat."

"I said I'm not hungry!"

"Yo!" King came into view and stared at him as if he lost his mind, "I know you bumped yo fuckin' head, sit tha' fuck up and apologize."

Sitting up, Kairo kept his eyes low for a moment before staring at his mom, "I'm mad... I'm sorry."

"I know," Renae set the plate down and stood, "Just eat something."

When she left, King entered the room and stood at the foot of the bed eyeing Kairo for a moment before folding his arms, "Don't you ever in your life raise your voice at yo moms like you a damn orphan. We know what you're going through but you've been in here acting like a fuckin ass, Sy doesn't even like walking past your room unless tha' door is closed, get yourself together."

Staring at his sandwich, Kairo shook his head as his eyes welled with tears, "Y'all don't understand!"

"We don't?!" King matched his frustrations and stalked toward him, "Did you forget who I am, nigga?"

Kairo wiped his face angrily and sucked his teeth, looking away, "I'm not talking about dat."

"No, we gon' talk about it," King stated matter-factly as grabbed his face, "Yeah, Zaire created dis shit, but let's not forget you decided to do business with dat wannabe hard ass nigga!"

"You blaming me?!" Kairo stared at him incredulously as he stood.

"You're my son and I love you but I know one thing, you better correct yo fuckin' posture," King advised.