Chapter 29.) Stuck pt.1

"What are you doing here?" Kelly asked, trying not to blush as Kairo stood outside of the hospital entrance looking good in a simple all-black hoodie, a pair of Black Pyramid joggers, with black, red, and white-colored Nike Air Force 1's on his feet.

"I missed you," he admitted, walking toward her and gave her the gift basket he put together.

Smiling, Kelly removed the wrapper then stared at him with wide eyes, "Are you serious?!"

Kairo tried not to smile at her excitement.

Pulling out the box of strawberry frosted Éclairs, Kelly stared at Kairo in awe. She couldn't believe that he paid so much attention to her. Éclairs was Kelly's and her mom's go-to treats and they would always go to different bakeries whenever her dad was working just to see who made the best ones. But when her mom died, a lot of traditions that Kelly used to do had stopped.

"Kai..." she paused, pulling out the white butterfly charm bracelet then stared at him with watery eyes, "Really?"

Kairo nodded, pulling her into him when she started crying.

"I... I don't know what to say," she cried harder.

"You don't have to say anything, just take dis as another way for me to apologize for being such a dumbass, ok?"

Kelly laughed through her tears, staring up at him, "I never had anyone do something like this for me before... thank you."

"You deserve it, ma," he cupped her face and wiped under her eyes. "I know I fucked up playing with your heart because I wasn't ready to settle down, but I swear, I never felt dis way about anyone before until you came into my life. I know what I was doing was messed up because I kept leading you on, but I changed and I learned. I swear I'ma keep doing right by you as long as you let me, a'ight?"

Kelly nodded, wiping her face, "Thank you... for everything."

"You don't gotta thank me, you deserve it," he winked at her just as his phone started ringing.

Reading the note Kairo written her inside of the pretty card, Kelly tried not to eavesdrop on his conversation but when Kairo talked walking fast, curiosity kicked in. "What's wrong?"

"Hold up... nigga, what tha' fuck you just say? Why tha' fuck are you involved with his ass in tha' first place? Zaire why yo ass so fucking hardheaded dawg!"

Kelly's eyes widened when Kairo began going off as if he had forgotten that she was even standing there. She wanted to chime in but it was obvious her first attempt played on deaf ears.

"Did you steal from tha' nigga or not? I cannot believe dis shit... after tha' shit I went through to keep dat nigga away from you and you decided to do business with him? Are you fuckin- get off my phone."

"Fuck you mean tell my pops, nigga, did you forget where he's at? Call yo fucking daddy and tell him you got caught up... Zay did you steal from him or not?!" Kairo snapped, irritated by Zaire talking in circles.

Kelly stood in the back trying to get a read on Kairo's energy but could tell by the way his jaw was flexing that Zaire was in some deep shit and was trying to involve him in it. Kelly could only shake her head, it wasn't her business, but she damn sure did not want Kairo getting mixed up in whatever mess Zaire created for himself.

"If you ain't steal from him where is tha' nigga money? You know he's fucking crazy. How are you short ten stacks and ain't catch dat shit before you gave him tha' bag?"

Kelly awkwardly looked around then jumped when Kairo started yelling. This was definitely a side of him that she wasn't used to seeing.

"I'm yelling 'cause yo ass gon' wait until tha' nigga ready to murk yo ass to call me for help! I told you to stay away from dat nigga! I gave yo ass money for tha' car for a reason, Zaire... why in tha' fuck would you go behind my fucking back and still mess with dis nigga? HE'S NOT GONNA LET YOU WALK AWAY FROM DIS SHIT!"