Seventy-Three

The trigger

Jaden

Ginevra Weasley was one fierce girl. She was the best chaser on the Gryffindor team. She was good at everything she did. She was a good person too.

After the game against Gryffindor, despite their lost to Slytherin, she was still a good sport about losing. She congratulated us because this year it was all on skill. Rotanev and Rigel didn't allow anyone on the team that they knew would cheat. Graham will not get to play his final year of school.

Blaise took Graham's spot as a chaser, and he should have made the team over Graham way before now. He has a talent so unique and is  skilled in many ways I am not. That is what I think caught Ginny's eyes at the game.

She wasn't flirting with him, knowing Luna was right there and Luna is her best friend, but Ginny was interested in how Blaise got so good at being a chaser. That is when, for the first time in almost a year, Ginny Weasley talked to me.

"Oh, I learned everything from Jaden. Spending a lot of summers at Airson Manor with him helped me more than anyone knows. He's trained with some of the best, so it felt fitting that I ask him for help growing up." Blaise explained to Ginny.

Her blue eyes landed on me when my name was brought up. I walked over and slapped my arm over Blaise's shoulder, "He gives me more credit then I deserve. It's just about someone seeing the mistakes you are making, then you fixing them with their help. It helps a lot when you have someone who plays the same position as you, but also who is against you."

Blaise looked between Ginny and I, before slipping out of my grip and giving me a sheepish grin. He knows me too well. Blaise patted on the back, "I'm going to go enjoy my win with my precious girlfriend. See you two, later."

We both watched as Blaise found Luna and ran off with her towards the castle. Rotanev and Rigel were celebrating just a few feet away with Draco. Miles and Adrian were being complemented by Graham on their hard work, even if he isn't playing with them.

"You all did play really well." Ginny said quietly. I turned around to face her and softly smiled. She sighed as she walked closer, "If I'm being honest right now, I never liked seeing you with Astoria. Harry is great as well, but gets hard with him sometimes."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, before reopening them, "Ginny, it's partly on me. I know you can handle yourself, but seeing how the party ended, I'm glad you didn't show. If anything happened to you, then I don't know if I could hold back what is inside of me."

She took a few steps closer to me, so she could whisper, "Is Harry right? Is he right for trusting Dumbledore and thinking that Theo is a deatheater? We all basically know that Baylor is a spy for us, but are we sure Theo is the deatheater?"

"More sure about it then anything else, but I don't want to talk about the bad. If you need some help, then I will be willing to help you with your chaser skills." I joked.

Ginny slapped me on the chest, "You know I am the best on my team." She paused, "But I wouldn't mind spending that extra time with you. I've missed you Jaden. Seeing you be hit that day by Peter's spell made me realized I wanted you, because I wished Harry had been in your place instead."

The memories of that day filled my head. I was clearing out the deatheaters with my cousins, when a sharp pain filled my whole body. I started in my back, then went to my head, then lastly my legs. My lungs felt tight then everything went back.

I looked at Ginny less of smile now, "I must get back to the castle, now. Victory parties don't plan themselves and Rigel loves anytime to seek attention for himself. Bye, Ginevra."