Forty-Eight

And this my friends, is were it all went wrong

July 1981

Monroe

Sirius and I were hosting Harry's first birthday party at the Palace. These were not good times to be somewhere were there weren't high enough enchantments. Tom had went after for muggle-borns and I thought it would be safer to have the party were Tom can't even step one foot on the grounds.

I had sent out an owl to Marlene about the party, but I had yet to receive anything back from her. I figured her family was strict about hiding so, I owled her again saying how much we would miss her at the party. The owl returned with the letter unopened.

We thought it was a bit weird for that to happen, but we quickly brush the matter off as the twins started to cry during the conversion. They had woken up from their nap, so Regulus and I went to get them from their rooms and bring them down to the open parlor by the front door.

Rigel and Rotanev were walking now, but it was best to only let them walk around downstairs. Rotanev almost fell down the stairs before Sirius had caught her. Rigel was caught flying on his toy broomstick on the middle of the stairs.

Lily and James showed up as Remus was having to pull Rigel off one of the sculptures by the couch. Rotanev was clinging onto Sirius when she saw the two people with the one-year-old in their arms. The three of them only meet a few times, and each time Rotanev and Rigel always teamed up against Harry.

Rigel walked his way over to me and reached up for me to hold him as Lily sat Harry on the floor. I bent down and smiled, "Don't you want to go play with Harry? I sure you and Row can play nice for once."

Sirius snorted, "Yeah, Monroe. I'm sure the twins, who always start hitting Harry, would love to play with him nicely. When have the twins ever played with someone nicely beside the ones who live in this house, Jaden, and Draco?"

I glared at him as he sat Rotanev on the floor. She walked over to Rigel and started to pull him towards Harry. They sat down in front of him and just watched him.

Later, we sat in the parlor of Black Palace helping Lily and James control their one-year-old, as Regulus now had the twins asleep in his arms. Nothing seemed as if it could ruin the moment.

But we were wrong.

Marlene had yet to show up and now we knew why. Dumbledore knocked at the door and Sirius opened it and welcomed the older man with a warm greeting as Regulus and I glared at him. Lily finally got ahold of Harry as he was playing on the toy broomstick.

Sirius asked the professor why he was here, and Dumbledore sighed, "Marlene McKinnon and her family were attack by deatheaters at their home. Someone revealed their location. There are no survivors. Her parents, her two younger brothers, and herself were no match for the deatheaters. None of them had their wands with them."

He stepped "There's more. Tom has heard a two prophecies. One regarding a boy born at the end of July having the power to destroy him. The other is about a boy and girl born on the same day as two before them having undeniable and rare power. The boy being the first born of his kind. Both uncontrollable. They could save, but will never be saved."

All of our smiles fell and Lily almost dropped Harry, before James caught him. Lily fell back on the couch beside me and looked at the ground in shock. Sirius blinked a few times, "Thank you, professor."

Dumbeldore nodded and walked back out of the door. Sirius walked back down the two steps into the open parlor and sat down beside me rubbing my back. I fell back into his arms as I let the tears fall down my face.