Eleven

The Tonks'

Monroe

I closed the top of my trunk and pulled out my wand to cast it down to the common room. Not a lot of Gryffindors were leaving for Christbreak Holiday, but Sirius and I had no choice. We were expected at the Airson, Rowle, and Black family Christmas party.

Normally it would be all of the pureblood families, but with the fight against pureblood happening, Druella had decided for it to just be the close pureblood families, and their partners. So sadly, there would be a Lestrange and Malfoy at the party.

I took one last look around my area of the room to make sure that I didn't forget anything I would need for the week I was gone. Once I knew I had everything, I made my way downstairs to tell my friends goodbye.

I was greeted with a huge hug from Lily and Marlene telling me how much they would miss me over the next week. I hugged them back and told them not to have too much fun without me.

Remus and James were next to us hugging Sirius goodbye and Peter joining in too late because he was in the kitchen. James came over and gave me a quick hug and farewell before Sirius and I headed out the door.

Sirius took both of our trunks as we walked down to the courtyard to meet with Regulus. They told their mother that they would stay at Hogwarts and just come home for the party. We were really staying with Andromeda until the day of the party.

Regulus decided at the last minute to join us because he didn't want to spend time with Bellatrix over break. Andromeda was thrilled to have both her cousins and I joining her for a while. Regulus was a bit on edge because of Ted being a muggleborn, but I said if he doesn't think about it, then it will all be fine.

As we were making our way down to meet Regulus, Sirius started to talk to me, "I'm shocked that he wanted to come. At first I thought it would be to rat us out, but he seemed like he really just wanted some peaceful family time for once."

"I was feeling the same way. I thought maybe he was put up to this by Bellatrix, but he really did seem relieved that Andy was willing to let him come along with us." I said, agreeing with Sirius.

As we approached we saw a lonely Regulus waiting for us to join him. He seemed better than he had the past few days. He was smiling like a little kid again. It was something that I loved seeing.

He turned his head when he heard our footsteps approaching him. He looked Sirius and I up and down to see us basically in the same outfit, but my shirt was gray and his was white. We both had on our combat boots and leather jackets.

Regulus sat up from where he was sitting on the bench and greeted us with a warm and happy smile. I hadn't seen him smile like this in years. It made me smile seeing how happy he was to get away from all of this.

Sirius stood in front of his brother, "So you are sure about coming with us? There will be only one pureblood in that house, you know that right. It will be Andy, Ted, and Nymphadora. We have seen her once, but you haven't since she was disowned."

Regulus nodded, "I understand everything, brother. I may not agree with Andy's actions, but she still does have a child with the Black family blood within her. Even when you get disowned, I will still come see you."

We all let out a laugh and made our way to the train. Sirius loaded all of our luggage and we picked a compartment in the front, since there weren't that many people going home.

Regulus rested his hands behind his head, "So Sirius, how do you think Druella will act seeing Lucius at the party? We all know she had a thing for his father during her Hogwarts years. Cygnus is a dirty cheat anyway."