Twenty-Seven

All for an heir

Above are pictures that describe Airson Palace!

SIRIUS

We were all gathered at James' home waiting to leave for Monroe's home. It was all the Marauders, Lily, Marlene, and Regulus. Out of the seven of us, Regulus and I were the only ones who had been to Airson Palace. Years of pureblood parties were celebrated there.

After apparating in the front lawn of the palace, the other five were shocked to see the sight in front of them. Airson Palace was darker than any House of Black home. The outside walls were a light gray color, but the barred up windows with steel bars over them didn't make it very welcoming.

The driveway was cobblestone, but moss was growing all over it. The trees hardly grew leaves no matter the time of year it was. This case It was July 1st and the tree still had no leaves, and when they did grow, they would die within days.

Lily looked at me, "Are we sure this is the right home? I get Monroe has a scary family, but this doesn't seem like the warm and comfortable home she talked about on the train. This doesn't make me want to stay here for a whole month."

"Trust me, Lily. Airson Palace has a warmer feeling about it on the inside than our family home does. The outside looks like this, due to how old the home is. The Airsons are one of the original pureblood families." Regulus informed her.

We all took a deep breath before making our way past the metal gates and walked along the cobblestone driveway. As we were reaching the door I saw Cline attending to some plants on the front porch. She was wasting her time, they would be dead anyway.

"Oh, hello everyone! Monroe is in the library hall! Just drop your bags at the front door and the house elves will move it to Monroe's room. Sirius, Regulus, I assume you still know your way around?" Cline asked us with a warm smile.

Regulus and I greeted her in a hug, "Of course we do. Many summers and winter holidays were spent here. Monroe's book collection is bigger than Hogwarts." Regulus laughed.

"You should see it now." Cline playfully groaned, "She spent twenty galleons in the first day she was home on her newest additions. Her reasoning was she needed to fill the new self she got installed."

All of us shared a laugh at Monroe's book obsession. Cline opened the door for us and welcomed us in the home. We were greeted by the house elves taking our things and Kade walking into the kitchen.

Cline put her hands on her hips, "You are supposed to be getting ready, Kade Ashton! I do not want to see you snacking all day in the kitchen then freak out when you aren't ready for your own wedding!"

Kade let out a little snicker seeing his mother have a fit over him getting a snack, "Fine, I will collect the food I want and take it to my room. The groomsmen aren't showing up for another hour anyway. Everything will be fine."

"Yes, everything will be fine, but all your groomsmen are your cousins! I curse your father's father, for having six boys including your father. So many nephews to buy presents for." Kade gave his mother a boriesh look, "Kade Ashton, stop giving me that look and go get whatever snacks you want!"

Kade rolled his eyes and continued his way into the kitchen. Cline told us to go look for Monroe and tell her she should start getting ready as well. She bid us farewell and went up the staircase towards the right, where all the resting rooms were laid.

"Come on. The library hall is all the way in the back of the palace." Remus gave me a cheeky grin, "Yes Moony, she has a whole hall of books you can read while we are here next month."