Seventy

Paying a Debt

Theodore

My dad was all over the prophet, so was Draco's. They had been caught and thrown in Azkaban. I went to the only place I could, but there was a debt to pay for my father. A very large debt.

Arriving at the gate, that was invisible to others, I took a deep breath. I pulled my sleeves down, hiding the debt I had to pay. I couldn't tell Rotanev about this. I couldn't talk to anyone about it.

Rotanev owled me after the passing of Kade and the murder of Beth. Jaden had fallen into a dark state. She wrote in her letter that words could not describe how he was acting now. To her, he was different from anything she had ever seen.

Now here I am. Standing at the gate she let me know about, waiting for her to let me in. Waiting to see the girl I love so deeply, but fear as well. Breaking up with her before the year ended was the right thing to do, but now I have to get her back for all the wrong reasons.

"Theo?" I whipped my head around to the girl with black hair and brown eyes, much like her mother. Her eyes seemed to be puffy and red from crying. Behind her I could finally see the place she called home. Merlin, I should live in Paris.

I walked forward with a soft smile on my face, "Ro, it's good to see you. I'm guessing your parents aren't home, since I'm allowed over."

She nodded and unlocked the chain that was around the gate, "They aren't home, but they know you are here. I would never give anyone the address of the house if I didn't trust them. They can't judge me on who I trust because they trusted a rat."

Letting out a little chuckle, I walked onto the grounds of Black Palace. Rotanev took one look at me, before she wrapped her arms around my waist. I allowed her to lie her head on my chest, as I held her.

"I've missed you, Theo. I'm sorry for scaring you. I-I didn't know what I was doing. Daphne, she betrayed us and I didn't know how to react. I'm scared of dying in this war. I don't want to die." She confessed, as she cried into my chest.

Feeling the need to protect her, I pulled her even closer, "You aren't going to die, not alone as least. You are bonded with Rigel and Jaden, but also me. I would never let you die alone. I love you, Rotanev."

Looking up at me with tears in her eyes, she smiled a little, "I've cried everyday for the past month. Losing Kade and Beth was like losing my own parents. Jaden seems to be taking it too well if you ask me" I raised my brow and she let one of her arms around me fall, "Let me show you."

Rotanev intertwined our fingers together, as she led me inside of the house. Inside it looked normal, but if you looked closely, you could see the burnt wall and patches from holes in the walls and floor. You could see the damage done by three sixteen-year-olds.

I looked with a bit of fear, but amazement as well, "How did this all happen? I mean I know how it happened, but why? Are your parents and godfathers okay with all of this?"

"They are used to it by now. Rigel and I normally set at least four rooms on fire each from fighting each other just during the summer. Now, with Jaden moved in it's four rooms a day. Draco just sits back in the safe room watching muggle movies all day, until we are done with our episodes." Rotanev explained.

"I have completed at least forty movies this summer. Maybe I should go to Aunt Drom's house for a break. At least she cooks for me when Aunt Rowie isn't home." Draco joked, as he came down the stairs.

He walked over and pulled me into a quick hug, "It's good to see you, Mate. Hermione, can only save me so much during the summer. Always spending it with Potter and Weasley. Blaise sent a letter, but he's too busy in Greece with his mum, trying to find her next boyfriend."