Twenty-Four

Reconnect

  So is team Remus and team Sirius a thing now? I think so! Please don't hate me after this chapter. Trust the process!

My dearest Monroe,

I know most of your summers are spent with the Potters, but I would like you to return home for at least the first month. I and your brother need you to return and go over some things about the family. This Dark Lord is approaching and we need you to be ready to defend or fight yourself off, Monroe.

Dark times are coming for the Wizarding World and any born in Airson is at risk for the power you hold. Kade is in control of his power, but you my dear have barely touched into your power.

Dumbledore had received a letter from me informing him of what I want for you. I know you are in the Order and I am proud, but that makes the target on your back even bigger. Dumbledore has collect some books to help you understand the family better. For once I still wish your father was alive to help you.

Love your mother.

------

The letter had been sent to me a few days ago. It haunted me at night knowing what my summer would be filled with. I have owled with Kade back and forth about the matter, but he's the only one I have told so far. He already knew of course of the plans. He was the one who told our mother what needed to happen.

The Dark Lord wants all the Airsons on his side. This included all of our male cousins, since I am the only female in seven generations to be born in. He wanted us because of what we could do. Having blood wizards and a dark witch on your side would make you almost unstoppable.

I tossed and turned every night waiting for the day I would return home. Studying with Remus and Regulus became hard, especially talking about DADA. I could name off an answer and ways to escape any dark arts off the top of my tongue. It became noticeable that I was studying the spell book given to me from my father before he passed.

James had scared me while I was napping one afternoon during my free period, but I was so on edge and had been practicing a little dark magic that when I touched him it sent a darkness throughout his whole body. I took it away as soon as I realized what happened, but I still had to erase his memory.

It wasn't until the middle of late May, that Regulus caught me zoning out during a study session with Remus. They were studying transfiguration, but the letter my mother sent me weeks prior was still in my mind. I would be channeling the darkness and shadows inside of me.

Regulus eyed me down for a minute before placing his hand on mine. I was so shocked by his action that I did the same thing I did to James. Regulus clutched his arm to his chest and fell back into the couch of the Astronomy tower. Remus stood up in surprise of what I did.

I gasped and put my hand back on Regulus and drew out all of the darkness I had put in him. After that his veins that were turning black turned back to his skin color. "I'm so sorry, Reggie. I...I don't know what happened." I stammered.

Remus clutched my arm, "What did the letter from your mother say? You have been spending an awful lot of time with Dumbledore and reading books I have never seen before." Remus spat.

I took my arm away and pulled the letter out of my book bag. I handed it to Remus for him and Regulus to read. I saw the fear in their eyes develop as the deeper in the letter they got. They now knew why I was on edge all the time.

Regulus perked his head up, "So, what have you learned so far? I mean if this was sent weeks ago, you must know something about your family and Grandmother Airson." He asked with a curious tone.