Thirteen

New bonds

Monroe

After returning to Black Manor, Narcissa gave me a smile, but I couldn't return it. She took us back to Andy's home and they talked in secret for a moment before Narcissa said she should head home.

I sat there on the couch staring into the fireplace that was lit in front of me. I drowned out every noise around me besides the sound of the wood crackling before me. I sat there hugging my knees holding in every feeling inside of me.

I was afraid of this happening. I never wanted this to happen for this reason. Sirius was always one to think if something happened to his friends, he would find a way to blame himself. He always thought someone was his fault, but this time it was.

Andromeda saw me there on the couch and looked at Sirius who was sitting on the steps that led to the next level. He had his elbows on his knees and his head rested in his hands. He was as miserable as I was.

Regulus was sitting at the bar in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. Andromeda walked over to him, "What happened with these two? Before you all left everything was great."

"Bella brought up Monroe joining her and who she called the Dark Lord. She even brought up Maddie and what Zain did to her. If Kade hadn't stepped in, I think Cline would have blown Bella into pieces." Regulus informed her.

He looked down at his bowl of cereal, "I don't know everything that happened after that, but I walked back from getting things from my room, and they were arguing. Sirius said they couldn't be together because being with him puts a target on her back, but Monroe pointed out that she has a target on her back no matter what. Monroe ended the conversation by saying they couldn't be friends anymore."

Andromeda looked into the living room and saw me clutching onto my legs for support. I was holding in every tear I could, but some had left my eyes without me noticing. Not even my father dying compared to the pain I was feeling right now.

"Hey Monroe, Ted is with his family and won't be back until tomorrow night. If you would like to sleep with me in my room you can. I know how it feels sharing a room with these two boys." She said trying to sound like she didn't know what was going on.

I didn't even turn around to face her, but I accepted the offer and made my way up the stairs. Sirius moved out of the way for me to pass him, but didn't look my way. We didn't need to look at each other to know the other was crying.

Sirius

My nose was filled with her scent as she passed me. I could never get over the spell of her fruity shampoo, vanilla body wash, and mint toothpaste. Her scent was something I was used to, something that never changed, but it still had this effect on me.

Tonight her scent was supposed to fill my lungs as I held her tight after confessing how I felt towards her, but it didn't. Her scent brought me back to the thought that I might never get to spell her that closely again.

It wasn't just her scent. Thinking of how we may never be friends again made my head hurt. She had a very good point, but my family knowing I loved her made her target even bigger. She would never be free, but I thought maybe I could make her a little more free.

I got off the steps and walked towards my room. Monroe was getting her things together when I walked in. I went straight to my bed, so I wouldn't be in her way. She walked out of the room with her bags and without a single goodnight.

Monroe

I walked into Andromeda's room and laid my bags on the queen sized bed. I sighed and walked into the bathroom to shower. After finishing my shower, I brushed through my wet black hair. Brushing my hair reminded me when I used to brush through Sirius' hair when it was wet.