Twenty-Six

Home Sweet Home

Above is the Airson family! There is no casting for Zain Airson since he is not alive.

I took my seat in the Great Hall for the last OWLS test of the year. I dipped my quil in the ink bottle and got to work on answering the questions. It was hard to focus due to Sirius being behind me and his scent filling my nose. Sometimes I wish that our last names were further apart.

As I filled in the last answer box, I heard Lily drop her quil on her desk as a signal she was done. Remus and I finished at the same time, and sent each other a cheeky grin. I wonder if any of the Marauders struggled on the werewolf questions.

Sirius finished behind me and started to send me paper airplanes. One landed in the hood of my robes, so I finally opened it. It was a charmed drawing to show James hexing Snape like he did last year. I threw it back at him with a glare on my face. 

The professor called time and collected all of our papers with the flick of his wand. They dismissed us and Sirius pulled me by the hand and we ran out of the Great Hall. We ended up at our tree by the Black Lake.

We were soon joined by James, Lily, and Remus. Marlene was pulling Peter by his ear, "You listen here you rat! You do not ever try to prank me again! If you do then, I will remove your tail!" She threatened him.

"Marlene, if he ever turns on us it will be because you threaten him so much. Give the poor boy a break. He was just having fun!" I said trying to lighten the mood, but Marlene was still fuming.

Lily looked the most uncomfortable to be at the tree. It was where the friendship she had with Snape had ended. It was where he called her that unforgivable name and then begged her for her forgiveness. It was where she ripped James a new one and made him change his ways.

I placed a hand over hers, "It's alright, you know? You will never have to go through him calling you that name again or him ever fucking coming near you. You made the right choice leaving him. I mean you did get all of us out of it." I said, laughing at the last part.

She let out a little chuckle, "It just seems weird to be back here with James. I called him all those names and said he had a big head, which he does, but it was very rude of me to do that. Even if he deserved it."

James was about to enter the conversation, but Carter Avery, Ace Rosier, Snape, and Regulus were marching their ways towards us. Regulus was more running behind them to try to get them to reason with whatever they were going to do. We all five shared a look and stood up.

"Oi, you blood traitor purebloods!" Carter yelled, "Why don't you show that you actually are a pureblood and show us what you got? A little payback for what you did to Severus last year!"

Regulus caught up with them and gave us an apologetic look. Regulus was trapped in a situation like this. He couldn't join us, with the risk of them knowing he wasn't on the deatheaters side. Ace was in the same situation. They both had no choice.

Ace and I locked eyes, then he turned to Carter, "Why don't we find someone else to mess with? It would be an easy win for us anyway." He knew he was lying, "They aren't worth our time, Carter."

"Aren't worth our time? Ace, what has gotten into you? We hate them, they hate us. I say we watch brother against brother, Potter against Snape, and Airson against you and I. A little pureblood fight, plus Snape." Carter laughed.

Lily went to reason with Snape, but I put my hand in front of her, "It's not worth stopping, Lily. They want a fight with us, then let them have a fight with us." I said in a cold tone.