•Chapter 43

≈Miami, FL…

(6:38 p.m)

"So, what's wrong with you ? Why are you so quiet ? " Kalvin asked his big brother as they were playing billiards. After shopping with Cora for hours, he drove her to her sister's house, so they can have a sister time and since he hadn't had a family one just with his brother, he called him to know if he could pay him a visit and now here he was hanging with Kaldrick in his basement. 

They started the game about ten minutes ago and Kaldrick wasn't saying much. He was deep in his thoughts and there was a frown on his face that didn't want to disappear. Kalvin knew his brother like he had given birth to him and vice versa. They could never keep secrets away from each other.

Kaldrick sighed, "Amy and I got into a huge argument." He finally said and plopped on the couch.

Kal nodded his head slowly, "Okay...Why ? " 

His brother rolled his eyes, "About us. Since she came back, we never had the occasion to talk about our relationship and yesterday, I don't know, Mikayla was with mama and so we want to use this time being alone to talk and one word led to another one and then another and suddenly we were arguing. She started throwing all the shit I put her through in my face."

Kalvin hit the cue ball and then straightened up, "What happened next ? " He continued his interrogation. 

Kaldrick sighed once again, "She stormed out in the middle of our yelling. She was crying, her face was red and she punched me a few times. She was furious and I swear, if she didn't leave to calm down, she would've killed me. She hated me and I don't blame her for it." 

Kalvin shook his head, "She doesn't hate you. No, it's the total opposite. She loves you so much, she can't control it, she's in love with you no matter what you had done to her. And you should stop playing with her emotions and feelings like that." 

Kaldrick frowned more, "What do you mean ? "

His little brother snorted, "Oh please ! You're in love too. But, you're scared to admit it."

"And you can't admit your feelings for Cora ! " He snapped at him getting angry, "Why are you even talking ? You know nothing about love ! "

"Maybe, but I have eyes and I know you ! Just tell her ! Be happy with her. You two deserve happiness and you can't have it without the other. Her coming back is your second chance and only ! "

Kaldrick was not agree with his brother, "No...I will only hurt her. That's all I know to do with her."

"Well, try to change." 

"It's not that easy ! "

"Damn, stop raising your voice. I'm just trying to help you to see the situation with another perspective. And what's going on between Cora and I is none of your business." 

Kaldrick rolled his eyes and chuckled, "Of course it is."