Two: Hidden attraction

×× Skylar ××

Skylar made her way to the campus library after saying goodbye to Romeo who had to leave suddenly since she'd just remembered she had to pick up her little sister from school.

Skylar had her earphones in and she walked as she inwardly rapped along to Drake, thinking about how her arms would be swaying all over the place and her head bobbing to the beat if she wasn't in public. She wasn't much of a dancer but she did feel like getting down from time to time when a good song came on.

Once she reached the library, she took her earphones out and put her phone in her pocket. She found an empty table and placed her bag on it to book it for herself as she went to find the right books to study.

Skylar hadn't been in a library in a while so she almost forgot how quite libraries tended to be. Apart from the humming of the computers in the room, the occasional cough and sneeze from someone and the sound of book pages being turned, the place was dead silent. Skylar hated silence. She would've put her earphones back in her ears to blast some music but the last thing she needed was to start imagining turning up and being distracted from the pile of work she had to catch up on.

When she walked back to the table she'd booked, someone was seated there with his books out and laptop open. The brown hair and navy blue blazer from earlier on...

Skylar dropped her books behind Justin Bieber as her mind and body failed to work as one. 'That's your table, you got there first! Sit down!', her head said. 'Run!', her legs said.

Justin turned around in surprise. He'd seen the bag on the table but he figured that the table would be big enough to seat him and whoever else. Besides, all the other tables were crowded and he liked his space from time to time.

He hadn't expected to bump into the cute big haired girl. She really was a clutz, he thought. Maybe he intimidated her.

"S-Sorry." Skylar stuttered an apology to everyone she'd disturbed and kneeled down to pick up her books.

Justin got off his chair to help Skylar pick up the books she'd dropped.

He couldn't help but smile to himself because he honestly found it amusing that this girl was so clumsy.

It was so embarrassing to Skylar that her hands were shaking. Why was she so worked up about a boy... with silky soft hair and beautiful brown eyes, who smelled so good and had the smile of a Greek god, she wondered.

"You okay?" Justin whispered, placing some of Skylar's books on the table.

She nodded her head and tried to wet her dry mouth with saliva. She placed her other books on the table and contemplated sitting down. How would she study? How would she function with him there? This was the second time she'd seen him and she'd been clumsy on both occasions.

"Thanks." Skylar whispered and sat down.

She got there first, she thought.

Justin took his seat again and glanced at the girl as she dug through her bag to distract herself.

"I wasn't aware that this was your table." He said, "All the others seem crowded so..."

Skylar was expecting an apology from Justin but since it didn't come, she just nodded her head once.

"It's fine." She said and put on a small smile.

She got her glasses out and put them on, then her notepad out of her bag as well as her black and white pencil case then she exhaled and opened the first book she'd found.