Fifty Four: Close call

×× Justin ××

After his classes were over for the day, Justin ran off to the parking lot to wait for Skylar. He had finally thought about where he wanted to take her on a date and he was excited about it.

"Are you trying to steal my car, mister?" Skylar walked up to the Mustang with a smile on her face.

Justin could never get tired of seeing that face and that smile. Skylar's hair was up in its natural, super curly form, and he loved it. She was dressed casually in a denim dress shirt with a thin brown figure belt and a cute pair of brown cowboy boots.

"What are you staring at?" She cocked her head to the side.

"You are just so damn beautiful." He smiled at his girl and opened his arms to embrace her in a hug.

Skylar smiled as they hugged then she kissed him gently on the lips.

"Hello." She said.

"Hi." Justin stroked her cheek.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I have a crazy idea."

"Oh boy." Skylar shook her head.

"No, it's fun and crazy. I'm sure you'll love it."

"Let me hear it."

"Okay, it's an idea for a date."

"Ooh! Go on." Skylar's face lit up.

Justin leaned against the car and tucked his hands in his pockets.

"How would you feel..." he began, "if I suggested that we go out for dinner... at a skate park?"

"At a skate park? Really, Justin?"

"Yeah. A picnic. It'll be cool."

"A picnic at a skate park... what's so cool and fun about that? Won't there be people skating there and stuff? Justin, that's not romantic." Skylar slapped his arm lightly.

"Hear me out."

"Okay. But so far, this skate park date is a hell of a step down from our amusement park date."

"That was a great date."

"Absolutely."

Justin smiled.

"To answer your question, my dear, there won't be anyone skating there except for us, if you want." He said.

"You're paying everyone else to stay out?"

Justin placed his hand on his chest to fake hurt.

"I am not that rich." He said calmly.

"You sure?"

"Okay, I may be but, I'd rather ask the skaters to kindly excuse us than pay them. I'd rather use all of that money to buy some stuff for you." He smiled.

Skylar blushed.

"Stop flattering me and properly explain to me this great date idea." She said.

"I'd rather show you."

"When?"

"Tonight. I'll pick you up at 8."

"I have classes tomorrow--"

Justin kissed Skylar to keep her quiet.

"8pm." He said. "And... wear sneakers."

Skylar furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?" She said.

"I love you." Justin smiled and walked off to his car.

× × × ×