Forty One: Boyfriend

×× Skylar ××

She found herself standing outside his apartment door. She didn't know why exactly Justin was her first choice when it came to comfort. She could've called Romeo and spent the night at her place, listening to her go on about art, her dreams and her denial or realisation of her love for Xavier. But maybe she didn't want to talk. Maybe she just wanted to be held and kissed tenderly...

She knocked on the door and waited nervously for someone to answer. She was starting to think that being there was a stupid idea-- a 'stupid decision', as her mother had said. She could turn around and head back home and face her mother? No. She was already at Justin's.

Alfredo opened the door and gave her a bright smile.

"Skylar." He said, "Come in."

"Hey, Alfredo." She walked into the apartment and looked around as if she'd never been there before. She was definitely nervous and it didn't make sense why.

"Bieber!" Alfredo called out as he closed the door.

Skylar tucked her hands into the pockets of her jacket and exhaled. She didn't know what exactly she'd say to Justin about her being there. It was silly. All she really wanted was a bit of cheering up and reassurance and she'd be okay.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" Alfredo offered, already heading to the kitchen.

"Uhm... coffee? Please." Skylar said.

"Coming right up." Alfredo smiled.

Skylar took a seat on the couch and rubbed her hands on her lap.

Alfredo had been working, she noticed. His laptop was open on the coffee table and next to it were some books and a pen, his camera too and his cellphone.

"Bieber!" Alfredo called out again.

"Is he busy?" Skylar asked.

She could call Romeo and hang out with her. That would be okay. It wouldn't be as nice as being with Justin but it would be okay.

"Nah." Alfredo said as he walked back to the living room to hand Skylar her cup of coffee. "He's just-- oh, here he is."

Justin had just walked into the living room with a towel wrapped around his waist. He was drying his hair and had just realised that Skylar was in the room.

He froze, obviously embarrassed. He'd thought Alfredo was either dying or being robbed. Not that showing up to the scene in just a towel was a good idea.

"H-Hey, Sky." His face went red.

Skylar couldn't speak. Her eyes were fixed on her boyfriend's tattoos and torso. He looked like a work of art, crafted by angels and inked by... someone really good at art. If he had a beard, Skylar thought, Romeo would be all over him.

That wasn't a pleasant thought, Skylar realised, so she pushed it to the back of her mind and muscled up a smile.

"Hey, Justin." She said.

"Is everything okay?" Justin cautiously held his other towel against his chest.

"Yeah. I just..." Skylar blushed and fiddled with her fingers.

"I should head to my room." Alfredo clapped once, sensing that he wasn't needed in the room.

"No, it's okay, Fredo. Me and Skylar will hang out in mine." Justin smiled warmly.

Skylar slowly got up.

"Thanks for the coffee, Alfredo." She said softly.

"No problem." He smiled.