Thirty One: Tattoos

×× Justin ××

His eyes opened slowly and he blinked a few times to get his eyes to adjust to the light in the room.

Justin realised he was in Skylar's bedroom. She was fast asleep in his arms and it was weird because he remembered being in her arms before falling asleep.

She looked peaceful in her sleep. Her curly hair partly covered her face and her lips were slightly parted. She slept soundly, breathing evenly.

Justin stroked her cheek gently and placed a kiss on it. He pushed her hair out of her face and traced her lips gently with his thumb.

Skylar blinked her eyes open and she looked right into Justin's. A shy smile played on her lips.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Good morning, baby girl."

"You woke me up."

"I'm sorry. You looked really sweet in your sleep. I just wanted to touch your face." Justin smiled softly.

"I hate you." Skylar joked.

Justin poked Skylar's cheek.

She giggled and pulled the covers over her face so only her eyes were popping out. She looked at Justin's arms and the tattoos she'd been meaning to ask about.

"How old were you when you got your firsy tattoo?" She pushed the covers down to her waist.

Justin was caught off guard by the question but he'd been expecting Skylar to ask about his bodily art at some point.

"About fifteen, I think. I can't quite remember but it was a little tattoo of a bird."

"Can I see it?" Skylar smiled.

Justin pushed the covers down to reveal the tattoo at his hip.

That wasn't the first thing that caught Skylar's attention. That v-line and happy trail...

Justin chuckled.

"The tattoo isn't that amazing, Skylar. Close your mouth."

She blushed and closed her mouth then quickly spoke before Justin could tease her for staring, "I like this rose tattoo."

"I like this one." Justin pointed a tattoo of an eye. "My mom's eye."

"Why didn't you just get her face tatted on you?"

Justin shrugged.

"I could've done that. But I loved her eyes. I feel like she's always watching and she's always with me."

"That's different. I don't know what part of my mom's body I'd get inked on me. Probably her mouth cause she always has stuff to say." Skylar nodded.

Justin laughed lightly.

"Don't be rude." He said.

"I'm not. I'm being honest. She talks!"

"That's what moms do."

"Nah. My mom could've taken Oprah's job if she wanted to."

Justin laughed.

"I'm gonna tell her when I see her." He said.

"I'll poke your eyebrow wound and throw salt on it if you do."

"You have such dark thoughts, Skylar Miller." Justin poked Skylar's side.

She giggled.

"When I opened the window for you last night, I had scissors in my hand. I can't even open those packaged juices with a straw."

Justin smiled, "so what were you gonna do if I was a robber?"

"Scratch you with my scissors? I don't know."

Justin chuckled.

"You're crazy. I thought you had pepper spray. Why didn't you just pick that up?"

Skylar's face went blank. Why hadn't she thought about that?

Justin cleared his throat so he wouldn't laugh at Skylar's innocence.

"What does your dad think about your tattoos?" She decided to ask.

"He thinks they're stupid." Justin sighed, "But I don't care. At first I got tatted to piss him off and then they started being meaningful. He hates them with all his heart."

"He sucks."

"He wants me to have them covered when I show up at Elizabeth's birthday celebration."

"Who's Elizabeth?"

"His wife."

"Oh. Well, I think your tattoos are beautiful."

"You don't think they're sexy?" Justin tried his luck with a smile on his face.

"Maybe." Skylar shrugged nonchalantly and sat up. "I especially like that birdie tatt." She smirked.

Justin grinned.

"Wanna see it again? Get a closer look, maybe?"

"No. Imma find you a toothbrush, shower and make some breakfast." She got out of bed.

"I should probably get going before your mom finds me here."

"She's at work. All's clear."

"Oh."

"Please stay for breakfast?"

"Only if I can help you make it." He smiled.

"Deal. I'll go get you that toothbrush."

"We can shower together? Save water?" Justin wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Don't push your luck, Bieber." Skylar rolled her eyes and left the room.