Forty Five: In the '50s

×× Skylar ××

They pulled up at that mansion Skylar had once visited for that house party Justin had thrown. There were lots of cars parked out front and they all looked flashy. Skylar found a good parking space just down the street and got out the car with Justin.

The guests that were walking into the house were all dressed up according to the theme. Some of the women really looked good and their dresses were expensive for sure. Skylar envied them a little but one thing made her feel a little cocky: at least her dress was especially made for her. It was designer too, technically.

Justin took Skylar's hand and looked into her eyes.

"We can leave whenever you want. If anyone pisses you off..." Justin said.

Skylar nodded her head.

"You look gorgeous, by the way." He smiled. "Really elegant."

"Different from what you're used to seeing, huh?" Skylar smiled and she gave Justin a full turn to give him a good look at her outfit.

"Perfect." He said.

Skylar fixed his bow tie and rested her hands on his shoulder.

"You look really fine too, Jay. Like a true 50s kid." She said.

"A 50s rebel is more like it."

"With those tatts and showing up with a brown girl, definitely."

"Policeman Jeremy Bieber is going to blow a fuse." Justin widened his eyes in mock horror.

"He'll just have to accept this for what it is."

"Absolutely." Justin tried to kiss Skylar but she turned her head and tapped her cheek. "I'm not letting you kiss off my lipstick just yet."

Justin chuckled and kissed Skylar's cheek instead.

"Let's go inside so you can meet Elizabeth and my monster." He smiled.

They linked arms and made their way into the mansion.

The place was totally transformed and decorated beautifully. Elizabeth had somehow managed to get some old looking street signs into the house to point out where which room was. Justin and Skylar followed the sign that said 'party' and ended up in the house's entertainment room, a big hall with double doors wide open to let the guests in and lots of decoration going on. The windows were large and had some vintage emerald green curtains hanging from them with gold ropes holding them back to let light in during the day. Skylar figured that the curtains in here were probably never closed. There were tables neatly set all around the room, a snack bar on one end... it was all set out in the theme and anyone who walked into the room definitely felt like they'd gone back in time.

"It's beautiful." Skylar smiled as she looked around.

"You should've been here when Elizabeth gave her birthday party an Egyptian theme." Justin smiled.

"That was probably really magical."

"It was hard to dress up for so I showed up in jeans and a t-shirt."

"At least you stuck to the theme this year."

"Thanks to you."

Skylar smiled.

"I can't quite imagine you in Egyptian attire." She said.

"You'll never catch me in a silk skirt with gold glitter on my body, a wig on and some eyeliner. No thanks." Justin said.

Skylar laughed.

"That would be quite a sight."

"What would be quite a sight is if you'd dressed up that way. Then I'd happily be your servant and bring you fruit on a silver platter and stuff; treat you like Egyptian royalty." Justin smiled.