Sixty Six: "What choice do I have?"

×× Skylar ××

After having isolated herself for days on end-- lying to her mother about not having classes and not communicating with her only friend, Romeo-- Skylar thought it was about time she went to see what she'd missed out on in school so she could catch up and be properly prepared for the upcoming exams.

It didn't help that the weather was gloomy with thick grey clouds and a breeze. She walked from one of her classes to the library where she spent a good three hours doing nothing but over think things: how was Justin holding up? How did Jeremy manage to sleep at night after what he did? Why was the universe against something so beautiful? Would Romeo forgive her for her outburst, days ago? Should she just pack up and leave for London when the time came? She had her books out in front of her, her glasses on and music playing in her ears... then there were the tears that were just on the brink of falling. Why her? She should've just stayed single this whole time and just focused on her education but, no! Cute ol' Justin had to worm his way into her life.

Skylar packed up her books and decided that a nice cup of hot cocoa and the coffee shop cookies would cheer her up. For some reason, it felt as if everyone on campus knew what was going on and was watching her every move. But it was probably just paranoia because of Mr Fuck-Face's 'I have eyes and ears everywhere' statement. What a bum. How could such a dark man be the father of such a beautiful soul. Justin should request a paternity test, Skylar thought.

When she got to the coffee shop, it began to drizzle. Hugging herself, Skylar went to stand in line for her hot cocoa and cookies and just as she turned around to find a table, Justin walked in.

They made eye contact and it felt like it lasted forever.

Skylar cleared her throat and kept her head down as she tried to make her way towards the door. That was stupid, considering the fact that Justin was standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Excuse me." She whispered.

"Seriously?" Justin smiled in amusement. "You haven't been taking my calls or replying to my messages and you've been hiding... now all you can say to me is 'excuse me'."

"I don't want to fight, Justin. Please."

"I don't want to fight either. I just want answers, that's all."

"I don't need to--"

"You owe me that much, Sky!" Justin raised his voice.

She looked around nervously, hoping that no one was watching.

"I owe you nothing." She whispered sharply.

"You broke up with me out of the blue."

"Shit happens."

"Is there someone else?" Justin crossed his arms.

"You are blocking the way, Bieber. People want to get in and out of here."

"Answer my question."

"Do I look like the type to juggle guys? Really?"

"I don't know you anymore. I don't know what to expect from you."

Skylar frowned.

"You think I broke up with you because there's another..." her voice trailed off. "Justin, there is no one else that I love-- there is no one else."

"What's going on, Skylar?" Justin frowned. "You love me then you hate me and then you love me again... you broke up with me-- I'm not buying that bullshit story you sold me last time."

"Justin, I just want peace."

"We're not at fucking peace! Can't you see that?"

"Would you stop yelling?"