Fifty: In his arms

×× Skylar ××

Skylar sat in her room blow drying her hair after a long hot shower.

The evening was quite peaceful with Angela at work. Skylar had lots of time to herself and that made her happy. She didn't have to answer any questions about the Mustang or why she'd come home early from work.

She'd cooked some dinner for herself, ate it while doing a bit of school work then she took a well deserved shower and sorted her hair out.

As she combed her thick hair out, she hummed along mindlessly to the music that was playing on the radio.

Skylar just wanted to take an early night. She was still upset by Justin taking everything lightly. Of course, it was easy for him to say that they'd sort something out. He didn't understand how being broke felt. Until she got another job, Skylar would have to deal with letting go of some of her luxuries. She wished so hard that she'd get accepted for that scholarship she applied for, for fashion journalism in London. She'd applied again and again for it because she wanted it so bad. Maybe it would be refreshing to be away and start anew. Skylar liked independence but the idea of leaving Justin behind...

She was slightly mad at him though.

She put on an oversized Superman t-shirt and a pair of cotton shorts underneath then she put her hair up into two French braids. She turned off her radio and lights then climbed into bed. Just as she was about to get some sleep, she heard a tapping sound on her window.

Skylar groaned.

Again, the tapping.

She sat up and glared at her window then got out of bed to walk towards it. She knew exactly who was tapping on her window.

She opened it and found Justin smiling at her.

He held up a red rose.

"Hey." He said.

Skylar looked at him and the rose, torn between grinning like an idiot and closing the window.

"Hey." She said.

"I got you a rose. Stole it from your neighbour's garden." Justin smiled.

Skylar bit her lip to stop herself smiling too.

"How did you get past the dog?" She asked.

"You mean the chihuahua?"

A smile spread across Skylar's face and she opened the window a little more.

"Come inside. It's breezy out there." She said.

Justin handed her the rose then climbed into her room.

"Thanks for the rose." Skylar smelled it and closed her eyes momentarily as the sweet scent of the flower filled her nostrils.

"It's to say I'm sorry for being insensitive earlier on."

"It's okay. I didn't expect you to understand."

"But I want to help."

"It'll be fine, Justin. I'll look for another job." Skylar closed her window and put the rose on her desk.

"Is your mom home?"

Skylar shook her head and went to turn a lamp on.

"She's working tonight. I'm home alone." She smiled and sat on her bed.

"I can't believe you're not scared or anything." Justin sat beside her.

"I have enough weapons in here to defend myself."