Nine: Nothing's as it seems

×× Justin ××

After the movie ended, Skylar checked the weather through the window behind the couch. It had calmed down and the rain toned down to a drizzle.

"I should probably get home now." She sat up straight on the couch.

Justin didn't want her to leave just yet. He liked her presence and wished she could stay a little longer. That wasn't going to happen and he knew it.

"Sure. I'll get my keys." Justin got up and quickly stretched.

"Thanks for the movie and stuff." Skylar smiled sweetly at Justin. "You have no idea how relieved I am that I didn't have to sit alone through thunder."

"Bad experience with it?" Justin folded his blanket and neatly put it on the armrest of the couch.

"Not really." Skylar got up. "It just scares me, that's all."

Justin nodded.

He realised how fragile Skylar tended to be.

Skylar picked up the cups off the coffee table and crumpled up the empty cookie bag and walked to the kitchen to dispose of the bag and rinse out the cups.

"Do you always help clean up when you visit people?" Justin asked, a small smile on his face.

"Uhm..." Skylar blushed.

"I was just joking." He said, noticing that it was an uncomfortable question to have asked.

He just found it strange, that's all.

He got his keys off the counter and put them in his pocket.

Skylar got her jacket off the coat hanger and she picked up her backpack then followed Justin out of his apartment to the elevator.

Justin noticed Skylar lost in thought with her lip clenched between her teeth. She did that a lot, he noticed and wondered why but he wasn't about to ask.

They got to his car and he opened the passenger door for Skylar. She thanked him softly as she put on her seat belt. Justin closed her door then hurried to his side of the car and got in.

"Can you play some music please?" Skylar asked with a smile on her face.

Justin agreed.

He was quite curious about her music taste. He knew she had great movie taste so this was going to be interesting.

He turned on his car's CD player and a song from Drake's latest mixtape came on.

Skylar's face lit up slightly and she bit her lip.

Justin glanced at her as he backed out of the garage.

"You can change it if you want?" He said, "Or turn on the radio or connect your phone to the car. Whatever you wanna play."

"This is cool." Skylar smiled and gently tapped her fingers against her thigh to the beat of the song.

They let the music fill the silence for a while as Justin drove according to Skylar's directions. They got to a red light and Justin found that Skylar was softly rapping along, word for word.

"Drake fan?" He smiled.

Skylar blushed and looked at the road ahead.

"Yup." She said.

"You don't have to be shy. We can rap along together. This is my favourite song too."

Skylar tried not to smile at Justin's enthusiasm. She looked at him as he continued driving. He started rapping confidently, a smile on his face.