Twenty Two: Romeo

×× Skylar ××

"Hey, retail slave. Let's go." Romeo walked into the boutique Skylar worked at to fetch her after her shift had ended on Friday afternoon.

She'd bought some food with her and that excited Skylar slightly because she was hungry and in need of a lot of chilling time.

The week had been hectic for Skylar. Juggling her new school project which involved a lot of research and avoiding her mom's 21 questions was harder than she'd imagined. But she'd made it through the week and looking at Romeo's excited face made Skylar realise that her stress had come to an end.

"My lifesaver. Skylar said, exaggerating a gasp.

"I missed you this week. Come on, we have lots to talk about." Romeo smiled and took Skylar's hand, basically dragging her out of the boutique.

The two were all smiles and giggles as they walked out to the parking lot to Romeo's car. It had been a busy week for them both and they sorely missed each other. Hanging out with Romeo was exactly what Skylar needed, she thought.

"Girl, your uniform..." Romeo naturally disapproved of the simple black pants and white shirt that Skylar had on.

They'd gotten into Romeo's car and were slowly making their way out of the busy mall area.

"You leave my uniform alone. It beats anything I could've worn if I worked at a fast food outlet." Skylar defended herself.

In her opinion, she didn't look too bad. She'd even made an effort to look good by substituting the lousy formal black pants she'd originally been given with black skinnies and, instead of wearing boring black ballerina pumps, Skylar either wore black sneakers or black boots with wicked details. She didn't look bad at all.

"I'll give you credit for those Doc Martens though but that's all." Romeo smiled.

"And my skinnies! Everyone else wears these formal pants that are... ew."

"Your skinnies are just..."

"I can't rip these. I would if I could but my boss already hates that I show up looking like I'm going to chill with these skinnies and shoes on. I don't wanna get fired."

"I'd rather get fired than look old."

"Well I have stuff I need to buy that my mom wouldn't be caught dead paying for."

"Your mom needs a spa day so she can hop off your back and imma organise it."

Skylar scoffed, "Good luck getting her off work to spend a day being touched by someone with oils and hot rocks."

"She'll thank me later." Romeo smiled.

The girls soon pulled up at Romeo's home, a beautiful white house with an open, green and flowery front garden.

Romeo parked her car next to a red Mercedes and she and Skylar got out and walked to the front door.

"Welcome to my cosy little home." Romeo smiled as she walked into the house, Skylar right behind her.

It was far from little, Skylar thought. The main areas of the house were rather spacious-- and clean-- and everything was neat and tidy.

"My mom's still here." Romeo informed Skylar as she took her jacket off. "But we can go to my room to eat and chill and talk and stuff."

Skylar said nothing. She was too busy taking in Romeo's artistic home to even care about who else was in it.

She followed Romeo up to her bedroom and nearly gasped loudly at how different it was from any room she'd seen, as if she'd seen many bedrooms in person.