Twenty Seven: Happy memories to heal troubled souls

×× Skylar ××

Skylar walked into her class with a big smile on her face. She was humming when she took her place next to Romeo. It would've been annoying to Romeo if Skylar wasn't her friend but all that smiling and humming only made Romeo burn to know how her date with Justin went.

"You got laid on your first date, huh?" Romeo nudged Skylar.

Skylar scoffed, "No. Please, Justin has a lot of work to do if he wants to get that far."

"Then what happened?"

"I don't kiss and tell." Skylar smiled and flipped her hair which she'd decided to wear straight that day.

Romeo squealed and clapped her hands in excitement.

"Oh my gosh! Finally! How was it?"

"Shhh!" Someone behind us said.

Romeo was quick to turn around and look the girl up and down.

"Girl, don't 'shhh' me. Class hasn't even started yet. With your unevenly drawn brows. Looking like my little sister drew them--"

"Romeo, don't be mean." Skylar poked her friend in the arm.

"The hell she getting excited for this class for? The lecturer aint even here."

"Just... calm down."

Romeo smacked her lips and muttered, "She didn't have to start with me. You can't be rude and have ugly eyebrows. You gotta pick a struggle..."

As Romeo tried to talk herself out of being upset, the lecturer walked into the room and class began.

Skylar chuckled to herself at how crazy Romeo was. She and Xavier would suit each other, she thought as she got her glasses and books out. She couldn't even imagine how their arguments would be, especially if they argued in public. Memories of Xavier's littler performance at the art exhibition came to Skylar's mind and she cleared her throat to stop herself from giggling. Romeo and Xavier would be deserving of a reality show.

When class ended, Romeo didn't even waste time.

"Alright, I want details." She smiled.

Skylar took her glasses off and put them in their case.

"Do I have to tell you everything?" Skylar asked.

"Yes! Come on, I've shipped y'all from day one."

"That doesn't mean you need to know everything. I deserve to have secrets."

"Oh it's like this now, Miller? I see--"

"Gosh, you're so grumpy today."

"It's Monday and I'm getting an assignment back from my next class. Sue me."

"You don't think you did well on it?"

"We're not discussing my grades, Sky."

Skylar raised her hands in defence and packed up her books as she skimmed through some of the details of Saturday for Romeo.

"I get the feeling you're not telling me everything but it's aight." Romeo tried not to smile. "I wanna see pics."

And that reminded Skylar that she needed to give Justin some of the photo booth pics they'd taken together. She'd tucked them neatly into her small sketch book that she carried around in her backpack.

"You'll see them. In time." Skylar said.

"In time? Sky--"

"What time's your next class?" She cocked her head to the side.