Three: Denial

×× Skylar ××

Skylar's next day at university was just as good as her first. She had to take the bus since her mother hadn't come home from work in the morning when she left and she knew she probably slept at the hospital because she hated driving at night.

Skylar felt like less of an attention point because her hair was in a neat bun. Lectures would be better since no one would gossip about it behind her back. She had on a short navy blue and white flowy dress, a cropped light brown leather jacket and a pair of studded light brown combat boots, perfect for the indecisive weather, she'd decided.

Her day would be shorter than yesterday's and that was good with her because she still needed to catch up on the work she missed out on during the first half of the semester. She'd be spending the rest of her day with her nose buried in another book.

"Skylar Miller." She heard a voice say.

She turned around and smiled when she saw it was Romeo, casually dressed in black with her braids up in a high side ponytail.

"Romeo." Skylar smiled. "Hey."

Romeo caught up to Skylar and linked their arms.

"Where are you off to?" Romeo asked.

"Fashion journalism. You?"

"Jewellery design." She smiled broadly and Skylar knew then that Romeo loved that class. That did explain her love for accessories.

"Nice." She said.

"Do you wanna hang out after class? I want to grab something to eat after this cause I was running so late, I skipped breakfast." Romeo pouted.

"Uhm, sure. My lecture's only going to be two hours then I'm done for the day."

Romeo rolled her eyes.

"Brag about it. I still have to meet up with this guy who does photography so he can snap pics of me for his portfolio. It'll be quick," she promised, "so I'll meet you at the coffee shop?"

Skylar nodded her head and smiled.

"Same table, hopefully." She said.

"Alrightie. I'll see you in about three hours then." Romeo smiled and let go of Skylar's arm before racing off to her jewellery design class.

Skylar shook her head and smiled to herself as she headed to her class.

× × × ×

She waited patiently for Romeo in the coffee shop with her chocolate chip cookies and a frappacino. Class went by fast and Skylar was pretty bummed out that it did because she'd actually enjoyed it.

She was unlucky with the window table this time so she sat at the back of the coffee shop at one of the tables with the big cushioned seats. She should've been reading up on some history for her usual class but she knew that trying to read in there would be useless. The coffee shop was a bit noisy and Romeo just walked in.

After getting something to eat, she went to sit opposite Skylar, clearly out of breath.

"Who chased you here?" Skylar asked.

"I ran here so I wouldn't keep you waiting too long." Romeo said, "Troy took his sweet time with those pictures, I tell you. He wanted to change location all of a sudden so we went to this warehouse just a few minutes away."

"It's cool. Did you have fun?" Skylar smiled.

"I'm not that much into having my pictures taken by a guy who moans each time he gets a good shot." Romeo rolled her eyes and Skylar giggled.