Thirty Seven: Guilt

×× Skylar ××

When she woke up in the morning, Justin wasn't in bed. He was in the shower and Skylar wondered how long he'd been up.

She got out of bed and looked around Justin's room for a moment. This space said quite a bit about him. He was a private guy who liked music. Nothing screamed 'Justin Bieber the sad boy' or 'Justin Bieber the artistic boy'. It was mainly books and CDs in his room.

Skylar walked to Justin's desk where his iPod was standing plugged in its speakers. She scrolled through his music and played some Ed Sheeran-- something soft to get the mood lifted after that deep conversation she had with Justin before they fell asleep.

She noticed that Justin had managed to frame the pictures they'd taken on their date and next to the picture frame was that tiny stuffed lion she'd won for him.

Skylar smiled at the picture and ran her fingers over the little lion. She turned on her heels and went to make the bed.

"You're up." Justin said as he stepped out of his bathroom and into his room.

He was dressed in dark grey joggers and a white t-shirt which hugged his body in all the right places.

"Yeah. Good morning." Skylar said.

She sat on Justin's bed with her phone in her hand, still upset that Romeo hadn't gotten back to her.

"Still nothing?" Justin asked.

Skylar shook her head and put her phone down.

"How did you sleep?" She asked, managing to smile.

"I slept really well with you in my arms. How about you?"

"I slept really well. Thanks." She said. "How long have you been up?"

"Just about an hour."

"You're an early bird."

"Sometimes." Justin smiled.

"I find it pretty unfair that I've never seen how you look in your sleep and you've seen me twice." Skylar pouted.

"You look way cuter than I do when you're asleep. I can guarantee that."

"I wouldn't know. I think I look ugly in my sleep."

"I disagree."

Skylar smiled and got up from the bed.

"I should get my hygiene thing going on so I look less scary." She said, "You got an extra toothbrush for me?"

"It's on the counter on top of the towels I put out for you. Help yourself to whatever you need in there." Justin smiled and kissed Skylar's cheek.

She made her way to Justin's bathroom and got to showering. Unfortunately, she hadn't packed her cosmetics bag because she didn't know she'd be spending the night so she prepared herself to look normal all day. She helped herself to Justin's body lotion, brushed her teeth and brushed her hair and set it in a bun.

After getting dressed, Skylar went to the living room to see what the boys were up to. Alfredo was sweeping-- their mess from last night completely gone-- and Justin was making breakfast.

"Morning Fredo." Skylar smiled politely.

"Hey, Sky." He waved.

"Is there anything I can help with?"

It was weird for Skylar to just sit while people around her did some manual work. She didn't like the feeling even though she was a guest in the boys' apartment.