Four: The gatecrashers

×× Skylar ××

Romeo and Skylar sat together with their food at a water fountain near the main entrance of the campus. Their classes were over and apart from that excitement, Friday was just a day away and both girls felt they deserved a break from being book slaves all week.

Romeo was telling Skylar about her new found crush on her jewellery design lecturer who had a growing stubble going on when she remembered she had to tell her friend some important news.

"I just remembered something, Sky." Romeo clapped her hands in excitement. "There's a party happening tomorrow night. You down?"

"Who's party?"

"I didn't hear that part but your boo-thang might go. I overheard some girls in my class talk about it. It might be fun."

Skylar wasn't sure she wanted to go. It would fuel Romeo's love for teasing her about Justin if he also went and she didn't want that. Also, gatecrashing someone's party? She'd never done that.

"We weren't even invited. What if we get kicked out?" Skylar worried.

"No one ever gets kicked out of a house party, Skylar. And no one will kick us out cause we're going to look hot." Romeo smiled broadly. "Don't be a mood killer, Miller."

Skylar chuckled lightly.

"That rhymed." She said.

Romeo nudged her, "Skylar, focus."

Skylar shook her head.

"Okay, maybe Justin won't show up. Maybe you'll catch the attention of another cutie and you wont have to hear me tease you about Justin again." Romeo smiled.

"If I go to the party, you'll stop teasing me?" Skylar couldn't believe it.

"No, no, no. I said I'd stop teasing you if we went and you caught someo else's attention."

"But--"

"Have you ever had fun in your life, Skylar?" Romeo crossed her arms. "A party is a party. We show up looking cute, mingle, dance, drink... loosen up!"

"We're first year's--"

"Oh my gosh, I'm gonna die." Romeo looked to the sky. "Who says no to a party? I'm sorry, I'm here thinking that my future husband will be there and you can't deny me my happily ever after, Skylar Miller."

Skylar scoffed.

"You honestly believe that a cute guy with lots of facial hair, tattoos and a couple of piercings-- who happens to like art-- will be at that party tomorrow?" She looked amusingly at Romeo.

"Yes." Romeo was serious. "You never know. Hey, Kate Middleton proved that nothing is impossible when she married Prince William so cut me some slack."

Skylar tried not to laugh.

"Fine then. Let's party." She said.

The girls decided to head to the mall to find Romeo something to wear since she was sure she had nothing in her closet. They drove in her Volvo and listened to Chris Brown all the way to the mall. Skylar had to keep asking Romeo to focus on her driving because she'd let go of the steering wheel from time to time to do the Nae Nae.

"So what are you gonna wear?" Romeo asked Skylar as they walked into the mall.

Skylar shrugged.

"I don't know yet but I'm sure I'll find something in my closet." She said.

"My closet is so full but I never have anything to wear. Sometimes I catch myself wanting to cut some items up and redesign them but my dad hates it when I do that so..." Romeo rolled her eyes. "I don't know how his mind works. He'd rather let me buy new stuff than reuse what I already have."