➨ 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘴

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

S U M M A R Y

when a school project

turns into an author's

prized work. 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

M E N T I O N S

juliette, karl, george,

niki

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

W O R D  C O U N T

6,079

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O N O U N S

she/her for oc

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

T R I G G E R S

power outage, nightmares,

landslide, being trapped, anxiousness,

mentions of death. 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O O F R E A D

yes. 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

|❝background❞|

on a bright autumn evening, a young woman finally got to see her daughter for the first time, the one whom she had been waiting to meet for about 9 months.

it was september 24th, 1998, the day that two young parents, angelica and james kendrick, welcomed their first and (later) only child, juliette kendrick, into the world.

born in a small town in the united kingdom, the young girl tried to make her life the best she could.

at the young age of 8, juliette suffered a tragedy. after getting into an argument with her father, he stormed off and went for a late-night drive to cool off some steam. he ended up getting hit by a drunk driver and passed away on the scene.

after the accident, her mother decided that she and her daughter needed a fresh start, one preferably away from the memory of juliette's father.

this being, angelica packed up both her and her daughter's belongings and decided to move to the united states.

even though the move was going to be difficult, she did it to make her daughter's life the best she could have.

they ended up moving to a small town in north carolina, where they stayed at angelica's sister's house for a while.

once the two moved, juliette felt as if she was a major outcast. at school, she was bullied for her foreign accent or the fact that she was going to grow up without a father. at "home", she was often yelled at by her mom, simply being blamed for her father's death, although it was not entirely her fault.