➨ 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

S U M M A R Y

soulmates who aren't

meant to be

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

M E N T I O N S

wilbur, roselle, others

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

W O R D C O U N T

2955

(BEEN WAITING FOR THIS 

ONE)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O N O U N S

she/her

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

T R I G G E R S

death, kidnapping, going missing,

poor mental health,  mention of body remains,

literally just the works

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O O F R E A D

yes (it's kinda sad)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

A U:

soulmate au and song fic

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

|❝soulmate au❞|

the alternate universe where the way people see is affected by their soulmates.

before you have met your soulmate, you see in only black and white. people that have met their soulmate see in color. if your soulmate has died (before meeting them) you don't know. you automatically assume it after a while since you are still living in black and white. if you have met your soulmate and they have died, your world will be drained from its color and you will see in black and white once again.

people can find their soulmates at all ages, but many people start to lose hope after they turn 60-70.

it is also sworn to people above age 12 to not tell anyone under age 12 about why they only see in black and white.

once you are 12, you are sent to a class that explains the entire soulmate ordeal. it is believed that the mentors who run the classes believe that at age 12 you are starting to become mature enough to understand.

if you tell someone who is under 12 or someone who has not gone to classes on why they can see in black and white (or about soulmates), then you will get punished.

the universe will either take your color away (if you can see in color) or will revoke the ability to meet your soulmate. they might even arrange fate to assign you to another soulmate, but that is pretty uncommon nowadays.