➨ 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

S U M M A R Y

princess percy finally

meets prince wilbur

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

M E N T I O N S

wilbur, percy, 

side characters

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

W O R D  C O U N T

823

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O N O U N S

she/her

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

T R I G G E R S

royalty?? anxiousness 

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O O F   R E A D

yes! this is my favorite so far..

plus this is my first royal au

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

|❝narrator's pov❞|

princess percy lovell, daughter to giselle and matthias lovell, finally walked over to the entrance of the ballroom after many left and right turns and many staircases later.

she was surprised that she remembered the way throughout the soot family's mansion, it had been at least 5, maybe 6 years since she had been, and it only seemed that the mansion grew bigger and bigger every time she went.

the soot family was also royalty and had been family friends with the lovell's for generations on generations. apparently, there was a son of the soot's whose name was wilbur. the two young royals hadn't met just yet, but so far they knew that they were both 17. all percy could think of him was that "prince wilbur soot" had a great ring to it and it gave her a sense of familiarity and a feeling like home, which was unusual for percy.

shaking away her thoughts that were filled with the mysterious prince wilbur, she got prepared to open the door of the ballroom, but before she did, she politely waved to the guard that roamed around the mansion.

getting a bit overwhelmed or perhaps anxious or nervous, she fixed her slightly off-balance silver tiara and once again flattened out the beautiful off-white lacy dress that hugged her curves almost perfectly, almost like it was made for her. she pushed the door open with one hand, picking up one side of the dress with the other hand. she only lifted the dress just a bit so she wouldn't step on it when she continued walking. she made sure that she wouldn't lift it too high so she wouldn't accidentally show the shorts she had put under the dress without the queen's permission, since it "wasn't proper princess-like", but she could care less.

practically gliding down the short stairwell, she went a bit slow to make sure she wouldn't trip over since she was wearing 4, almost 5-inch heels. they were currently not doing her feet justice as they were already starting to throb just from roaming around the mansion so she could make it to her destination. this was only just the beginning of her adventure she would experience throughout the night, so she kept the heels on for only three reasons, that reason being that the heels were absolutely stunning, she looked like she was at an average height when wearing them, and she couldn't just go barefoot.

over the soft classical music playing throughout some type of speaker system, you could hear princess percy's heels clicking against the most likely cold marble floor.

she paused her walking for a moment as her eyes wandered around the stunning ballroom, desperately searching for any familiar face or anything that would strike her attention.

her brain kicked back into motion as she felt a tingle- no, a feather-like tap on her right shoulder.

she swiftly turned around, as her brain was now curious as to who was the one who tapped her.

percy turned around to meet the eyes of a gorgeous stranger who she hoped she would know by the end of the night. her eyes roamed up and down, only to be met with the fact that he was incredibly tall, as he towered over the poor girl who was only naturally 5'3 (that was without heels). he was at least a foot taller than her, she concluded. she also made eye contact with him, making her suddenly notice the mischievous look his honey brown eyes shined with.

the music suddenly got louder, meaning that all of the guests had arrived according to the "checklist".

the mysterious man bent down to percy's level and whispered in her ear asking if he could take her away for a quick dance.

she agreed and they softly laced their hands together as they made their way to the dancing area.

once they got to the small dance area, she anxiously moved both of her hands to the back of the stranger's neck, lacing her fingers together carefully. she was glad that she wore the heels instead of flats since they gave a little height boost (so now she was at around 5'7-5'8 compared to him who looked 6'4-6'5). the stranger moved his hands to her waist after getting a nod of consent from her.

she smiled, consent was very important to her. the standards for her were pretty low, even if she was a princess.

"so", the man spoke, quickly twirling around percy with ease.

"so", percy replied, egging the man to continue speaking.

"let me introduce myself, i'm wilbur, son of the soot's", the man, now introduced as wilbur, said.

"percy, you should know my parents, giselle and matthias lovell, they are friends with your parents", percy replied.

after the introduction, their dance was over.

"care to dance again?" wilbur asked.

"of course" percy smiled, once again lacing her hand into wilbur's. 

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒,

this was my favorite thing i have written in my entire writing career... should i do more royal aus?