➨ 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯-𝘥𝘪𝘱

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

S U M M A R Y

a once happy relationship

turns into a broken one

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

M E N T I O N S

sapnap and y/n

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

W O R D C O U N T

999 (approx)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O N O U N S

she/they (i believe)

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

T R I G G E R S

angst, cheating partner

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

P R O O F R E A D

no

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

|❝y/ns pov❞|

their relationship with sapnap was to be considered "goals." they were happy together. everything seemed to be perfect until it just wasn't.

sapnap, is also very popular online. he was told every chance by his fanbase that "his relationship with them was perfect." sure, online it was. everything online was perfect.

y/n didn't have a platform like him, so they would appear in his streams every so often, but of course, the fans loved them.

but lately, the two have been distant. well, sapnap more so.

no kisses, no eye contact, no hugs. barely even good mornings and good nights.

you thought he was just busy with his streaming career or just plain stressed.

he already had the stress of going to college, much less being a decent-sized twitch and youtube content creator. so she let it go, gave him space as he asked for, and loved him endlessly from a distance.

they still lived in the same house, but as the communication grew slighter, the awkward tension grew thicker and thicker.

"hey y/n", sapnap said. "y/n". they were on first name terms now? anyways, he was walking down the stairs while looking at his phone, probably scrolling on instagram or messaging with his friends on discord.

"yeah?" you drew your attention away from the book you were reading and looked up at him, hoping for some eye contact, anything really at this point.

"i'm going to the library, i need to pick up a book for a project" he looked up, but still wasn't making eye contact with me, his face was blank with no expression available. he quickly looked back down, obviously giving his phone more attention than the conversation.

"okay, see you later, sapnap." you knew you were being petty about the whole first name thing. two could play that game.

he walked out the door and locked it.

when you heard his car door shut, you let out the breath you didn't know you were holding.

why. why are we falling apart? you loved him way too much to see him angry at you. you didn't want to watch him go. you didn't want him to leave you. you knew he was too good for you. that was probably it, you were probably being too needy, too, something.

|❝no direct pov❞|

at this point, they were stressed and scared. they were thinking that they were going to lose this relationship and crumble.

they needed a break. they needed something that would cheer them up. so why not a singular "theys" trip to the mall? they had some extra savings and could always need some new outfits.

y/n got up and changed into a more comfortable outfit, which consisted of a hoodie, (conveniently, sapnap's merch), some plain black sweats, and slip-on vans.

they walked out the door, locked it, and climbed into their car.

they quickly got to the mall, which was probably because may have accidentally sped the way there.

they tried to get to their favorite stores as fast as possible, not wanting to be recognized, which thinking of it now, they knew it was probably a bad idea to wear their boyfriend's merch.

it just so happened to be that their favorite stores were next to each other, but on the opposite side of the mall and on the second floor, which meant dreaded exercise.

finally, they reached the beloved escalator, now they just needed to get on them and let the moving stairs take them up and away.

they stepped on and let the moving stairs do their business.

they walked into the first store, which was a bath and body works. they needed a new perfume since they were almost out, and they wanted to see if they had restocked their candles.

looking into the back of the store, their eyes drifted to a man and a woman. their backs were facing y/n's front, but from what y/n could see of the pair, the male's head of hair looked awfully familiar.

that's when it dawned on them. the male, who was currently grasping the girl's waist with one hand and grabbing a perfume for her with the other, while laughing, was not just any male.

it was their boyfriend sapnap, the one who said he would be at the library. the one that should be grabbing their waist and laughing with them.

you knew it wasn't a family member such as a sister or a cousin since he didn't have siblings that lived in the state, much less were blonde, and the cousins were all surprisingly males. (plus you had met most of his cousins anyway)

tears were already running down your face, and you were still staring at them. you could hear his laugh mixed with hers because you could spot his laugh out from anywhere.

he turned around, probably because he felt eyes on him, and when he met your eyes, his arm around her waist lowered and the smile on his face quickly turned into a frown.

"y/n.."

"sapnap, just save it."

you had taken off his hoodie and walked back to your car. he didn't bother to chase you since he would have to see you at your shared house later anyways. the girl, however, chased after you, and explained everything, what stuck with you was how they had been dating for two-three months now, and how she thought she had made sure he was single. she also didn't know about his streaming ordeal, because that right there would've explained if he was single or not. she also said that she broke up with him right then and there, since she knew what was going on. she once had been on the other side, where you were at and even offered to drive you home since you were in no shape to.

you couldn't decide whether to hate her or to love her at this point.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒,

inspired by zorignify. go check them out! (it won't let me tag them!)